Silverstone rip off

I live close to Oulton park and have been to watch the BTCC a few times in the past.

Superb day out, well worth the money.

Agreed. I love Oulton and it’s good for camping too. Here’s us a few years back when I had a Renault Kangoo micro camper. My grand daughter, when she was small loved sleeping upstairs in it. At Oulton Park son and partner decided they could both sleep downstairs in the van too. So I had the tent to myself. :sneaky: I did most of Gt Britain in that little van so a SWB T6 still seems spacious to me. ;)

Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 22.22.33.png

Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 22.47.12.png

I think drag racing offers the best value for money in motor sport. For example, Tickets for the Flames and Thunder event at the end of October are from £30 (Kids aged 5 to 15 years old £5) You can see the start and finish line from your seat, walk around the pits, speak to the drivers touch the cars etc. If you haven't been before it really is a great weekend.

I think drag racing offers the best value for money in motor sport. For example, Tickets for the Flames and Thunder event at the end of October are from £30 (Kids aged 5 to 15 years old £5) You can see the start and finish line from your seat, walk around the pits, speak to the drivers touch the cars etc. If you haven't been before it really is a great weekend.

For anyone with even a slight interest in engines and power it has to be one of those things you do before you die. Many many years ago, when there were still some old WW11 airfields around they used to hold meetings at Blackbushe airfield. It was an interesting but underwhelming experience as we were kept so for from the action. I didn’t visit Santa Pod until the late ‘90s when got grandstand seats which are a totally different experience. Those grandstand seats give the best relatively close up view. The top fellers are not only jaw droppings machines from a different world but when the lights drop and they take off you don’t only need ear defenders the pressure waves are like being hit in the chest by a sledgehammer. Also, as @Teesix says, it’s a close up experience as you can access the paddock and get close up and personal to the pit crews completely stripping the engine between runs.

041120122334.jpg

041120122337.jpg

041120122338.jpg

041120122339.jpg

Back