Silly Qs But, Purchasing A Pack Of Trim Tools?

CALLAKN

Electrician / Linesman
VIP Member
T6 Legend
80741D99-A58D-4625-9F35-CC5D12BEEEBB.jpeg B0CA6D49-F2A8-4869-9E34-7A605975EC24.jpeg Worth purchasing a trim tool kit? or would a simple Alan key and a few flat blades screw drivers do the job?

Definitely plastic trim tools otherwise you will damage the trim. Allen heads do not always simply unscrew and you need to lever behind with fork shaped tool.

As @CALLAKN has posted above, there's loads of cheap sets. I've got the red set pictured which I bought for one job and I can't count the number of times they've come in useful. Not worth scratching something visible for the sake of a tenner

Trim tool every time . . . . . . you will regret it if you dont.

20180925_184452.jpg

The cheap ones are fine....... they are just softer plastic

20180925_184505.jpg

So expect to go through a few. (get what you pay for)

Easiest way to remove those is using a wood screw partially in then pull...

cheers lads, just got my T6 kombi last friday, and wanting to gather bits together ready for sound proofing and insulation!! whilst i have the intention of you knowledgeable people, i am looking to use silent coat as a way of sound deadening?!

Silent Coat 2mm Pack 20 Sheets Car Van Sound Deadening Vibration Proofing Mat | eBay

is 2mm ok? or do i want 4mm?? or would you recommend another product... was going to use this along with recycled plastic loft insulation...

I used 2mm and does the job, remember its all about added mass to the panels so the more/thicker it is the more weight you are adding to van
When you get it you will be surprised how heavy a box is !

Yeah so I've been told by a mate!!! haha the vans bloody heavy enough!! T32 life.

Back