Non-OEM window insect panels

Then vinyl wrapped the frames in a black matt and trimmed them for a neater finish
20200802_150720.jpg

20200802_151430.jpg

Another use for the sikaflex next to bond the mesh to the frames and bond it all together.
20200802_155121.jpg

Worked out about £35 per screen for the frames and materials...

Wow @JasonW that is amazing - you are one gifted animal. They will enhance your camper experience no end. I’ve just returned from a couple of days in Sutherland and mine got industrial use and worked a treat. Popped them in both sides when cooking and had no steaming up of windows at all.

You need to go into production with these. I had my roof up last week and the side zip open panels have insect mesh on the outside. No way was I even thinking of opening the panels as I could see through the stud fasteners that the size of the mesh wouldn't stop the midge. I even duct taped over the hole in the stud fasteners.

Thanks @Ian28 for the measurement help...

Its a decent first attempt... some room for improvement before putting them into production... but they'll definitely be a godsend to keep the midges out with the windows open... :thumbsup:

Excellent work. I'd be interested in a set if you go into production with these. Some skilled folk on here...

I’ve never driven with mine in Crispy - they are pretty secure but I could see the possibility of them popping out if you go over a pot hole or there’s strong wind.

Very nice job. I was thinking of making my own bug screens. I have standard windows so maybe the Jerba items are a more straightforward option. Does anyone know if the Jerba are secure enough to use when driving?
I do drive with mine in but they tend to slide back into the window reveal so not ideal.
Probably ok if just tootling around town etc but not ideal on Motorways.
For everything else, they are perfect

I’ve never driven with mine in Crispy - they are pretty secure but I could see the possibility of them popping out if you go over a pot hole or there’s strong wind.
Hi Ian,
Can I ask, which way do you fit yours in the window opening ?
the rubber strip inside to the front or back.
or rubber strip facing outside ?
DA3DD981-DC9A-4408-82BF-C234D42B7C8D.jpeg

Very good job JasonW. if you think you will be making some for orders, I would definitely be in the market as I think you are the only person making
the screens for the smaller sized windows.

Hi Jason- have you decided if you’re going to start producing these at all? Cheers Matt

Sorry Martin, no I haven't.. too many things getting in the way...

I did start to look at pricing up to make them using carbon fibre effect frames... that way they wouldn't need vinyl wrapping and it would give them a better quality finish...especially if selling to people as I would want them to be top top quality... but it would push the price up to £120 a pair and thats material costs.. as that material is pretty expensive... then they become a bit too expensive... if i can find a cheaper supplier of the carbon then it might be worthwhile... but finding the time at the moment is hard...

Back