Side Window Fitting Methods

Andy Cody

T6 Pro
Morning!

I'm about ready to put some rear side windows in my kombi and ideally want to keep it looking OEM (especially inside).
Is it possible to install them without the internal trim around the cut edge as per the original kombi side windows? I was never really happy with the knock on rubber strip in my old T5 but it wasn't so bad as it was originally a panel van.

I'm happy to pay for a professional so long as I'm getting a professional finish!

Thanks, Andy

Yup, possible but a load of extra work and expense. I got a quote and it was double the price of after market. Website Have done a few for a VW Approved converter up here and the look spot on :)

I'm still in two minds, waiting til I see some after market ones before I decide :)

Kev

IMG_1675.PNG
Yup, possible but a load of extra work and expense. I got a quote and it was double the price of after market. Website Have done a few for a VW Approved converter up here and the look spot on :)

I'm still in two minds, waiting til I see some after market ones before I decide :)

Kev
I've just bought the oem privacy rear quarters to match my kombi sliders £298 for the 2 but don't know how your going to get round to covering the metal work , maybe fix vanshades blinds as they have a wooden surround that you carpet or just found these on eBay

Back