Side-window curtain recommendations

Hi - I have the blue Van-X ones but I'm a bit nervous about drilling the van with the sliding side windows that we have, particularly on the passenger side with the door.

Did anyone here fit these and do you have any tips?

Thanks!

View attachment 115049

View attachment 115050
I’ve fitted Van-X curtains to an OEM sliding window on the driver side - my sliding door window is fixed.

It’s tricky fixing the curtain rails due to the way the OEM windows have the protruding sections top and bottom, but pulling the trim off from above and below these sections helps get a better angle for drilling/screwing.

I’ve fitted Van-X curtains to an OEM sliding window on the driver side - my sliding door window is fixed.

It’s tricky fixing the curtain rails due to the way the OEM windows have the protruding sections top and bottom, but pulling the trim off from above and below these sections helps get a better angle for drilling/screwing.
Sounds like a good tip. thanks for that!

I’d like to see photos of the Van X curtains fitted if anyone would be kind enough to share. I’d like to see how the rail fits on the bar door, especially the lower rail in relation to the wiper motor housing. Thanks in advance. :)

I’d like to see photos of the Van X curtains fitted if anyone would be kind enough to share. I’d like to see how the rail fits on the bar door, especially the lower rail in relation to the wiper motor housing. Thanks in advance. :)
You try the vanx website? I know they have pictures of tailgate round the wiper motor

You try the vanx website? I know they have pictures of tailgate round the wiper motor
I’ve looked at the images on the t6 window curtain page and the only photo they have shows a rail running straight across there flat durface of the tailgate, under the motor housing.https://van-x.co.uk/product/vw-volkswagen-t6-premium-1-x-tailgate-window-curtain-van-x/

I’ve looked at the images on the t6 window curtain page and the only photo they have shows a rail running straight across there flat durface of the tailgate, under the motor housing.https://van-x.co.uk/product/vw-volkswagen-t6-premium-1-x-tailgate-window-curtain-van-x/
Do you have a tailgate? I have vanx on mine

Do you have a tailgate? I have vanx on mine
Yes, I have a tail gate. I’ve resigned to buying curtains where I’d hoped to buy blinds but I don’t have the cash for that with the other stuff I’m doing/needing to do. I’ve just ordered blinds for the front and rear quarters and the tailgate.

Yes, I have a tail gate. I’ve resigned to buying curtains where I’d hoped to buy blinds but I don’t have the cash for that with the other stuff I’m doing/needing to do. I’ve just ordered blinds for the front and rear quarters and the tailgate.
Curtains are perfect, don't see the need for blinds, they don't look any better imo, been on curtains last few vans

Looking to install curtains in My T6 - not necessarily black out ones as it’s not a camper

Looking at buys the ones from Transporter HQ which come via Camperglass and works out at £119.96 for the 4 windows

Is that about going rate - does anyone have an recommendations or tips to avoid a certain brand ?

Pic showing the 4 windows I want to install them on

80A8C17D-48F5-4259-8F7E-948FC1C1C54F.jpeg

Back