Plastic Step Fitting

Bardot

Hi Guys, I'm looking to sit 9mm ply onto 6.8mm lining with 2mm Alto covering into my T6 conversion. That totals a raise of 17.5mm I believe the Extra deep Kombi doorstep allows for an increase of 14mm. Does anyone know if that would stretch to fit my needs (perhaps adding a spacer below it) or can anyone direct me to one more suited. Simelarly does anyone know if I will have any issues with a wider rear threshold for the back.?

Am I missing something here, how does the side step slide into place with the new ply floor? Seems like clips on each side stopping the step from pushing down and the ply has been cut using the template of the old floor.5BAB2F65-65D2-442D-A1B3-F240971E96B1.jpeg17BAFE55-794F-4ACC-AF61-0B3152B157A0.jpeg

When I got my van the ply was laid over the corners of the side step..I've just put a new floor down and added a kombi step.
Photos of old ply ...

Screenshot_20210326-155426-846.png

Screenshot_20210326-155401-683.png

Am I missing something here, how does the side step slide into place with the new ply floor? Seems like clips on each side stopping the step from pushing down and the ply has been cut using the template of the old floor.View attachment 109938View attachment 109939
@DM812 Are you trying to fit the original plastic step back onto a 12mm raised floor you will need a extra deep Kombi step, the Kombi has a light cut out and costs more the step is deeper your wood should be cut around the step contour and just drop in Vanstyle , THQ, Kiravans, all sell them or fit the step 1st like it was tucked under the ply floor but it leaves a lip. Same for the back door has another raised plastic strip Vanstyle are the cheapest with fast delivery

Last edited:
@DM812 Are you trying to fit the original plastic step back onto a 12mm raised floor you will need a extra deep Kombi step, the Kombi has a light cut out and costs more the step is deeper your wood should be cut around the step contour and just drop in Vanstyle , THQ, Kiravans, all sell them or fit the step 1st like it was tucked under the ply floor but it leaves a lip. Same for the back door has another raised plastic strip Vanstyle are the cheapest with fast delivery

I was originally trying it for size/shape before I drilled the ply floor into the battons and was waiting for the new step to arrive.

I now have the new Kombi step which still seems to have lugs that hit the ply, not sure if the ply needs cut at all?

D773245D-B337-42A6-B15D-F43860B10795.jpeg

sorry if its the Kombi might be different... your new pic looks different to my original step . but the other is the same the metal of the step should be on view all the way round . when the step is fitted back. It's lowered from directly above just it drops in clipping into the 3 clips in the side of the top metal edge into 3 groves on the back of the plastic can you see 3 white clips 2 clips in the bottom go into the metal base then the lip sits on the ply your ply pics show the wood covering the plastic a lot that you circled . Think what you circled needs trimming back the Lugs sit on the metal floor did you cut your own 12mm floor from the pattern of the old ply .

Back