Van-X Side skirts / Sill covers

Martin Gibson

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hello,just wondering if anyone has a set of the newish side skirts from van-x ? What does everyone think of them,i think they look pretty nice?

Before I decided to lift my van I was contemplating skirts instead of bars/steps. If you got something the make the front and rear lower, as in a front lip/spoiler and maybe a rear valance it will look better and tie it all together (in my opinion of course!) I struggled to find a rear valance that was plain enough for my tastes.

I have a carbon splitter on the front @Lukavell but im not that keen on rear valances etc. To be honest,im not usually very keen on skirts/side bars etc either but the van-x skirts are quite flat and plain looking and appealed to me for some reason

I know what you mean about the rear valances, they were all too fancy for my tastes. I just think the bottom of the body line from front to back would look better if it was level if that makes sense? I'm picky like that though!

I know what you mean about the rear valances, they were all too fancy for my tastes. I just think the bottom of the body line from front to back would look better if it was level if that makes sense? I'm picky like that though!
Same here. I’m tempted by the CustomVanz diffuser but the fake exhaust pipes put me off. And the fact it’s fibreglass. But it does seem to tidy up the rear lines.

Back on point.. I too am a fan of the side skirts, and the Van-X ones look like the best contender for price and design. I’ve bought trapezoid sidebars before the side-skirts were released, otherwise..

Same here. I’m tempted by the CustomVanz diffuser but the fake exhaust pipes put me off. And the fact it’s fibreglass. But it does seem to tidy up the rear lines.

I actually don't mind the fake exhausts but for that kind of money I'd want ABS and a much smoother transition between the valance and the bumper.

Decided to have a set of these in the end,gloss black with a matte black insert so pretty understated compared to some of the other ones. Im really happy with how they look as an alternative to side bars which i personally have never fancied. They just make the sill of the van look a bit lower without standing out. Photos are a bit cack,ill get some better ones when its off the driveIMG_1287.jpgIMG_1288.jpg

Cheers @Lukavell ,yes i really like them,nice and subtle and pretty well made i think. You would hardly know they were there if the insert was not matte black. Happy,glad i decided to try them

Thanks for the merge - although I think of side skirts as the aero kit style that come down from the side further, whereas these are just sill covers. Maybe amend the thread title or add keywords?

Here's the Sports pack I was on about:

de-california-sports-package.png

Back