Side & Rear Chrome Trim Removal (from Caravelle Exec)

DaveK118

Hi,

My Gloss Black Caravelle is simply too chromie for me, so a couple of related questions if I may!

1. I was planning to replace the chrome on the front lower grille and radiator trim in RED and the front upper grille in Carbon Fibre, then add carbon fibre badges front and rear, about £130 worth from Vanstyle.co.uk :eek: - I thought about wrapping or painting the original but felt the ££ and faff would be a lot higher be higher?

179d7f0f9ef644a49493382465b0f620.jpg

2. The Caravelle has more chrome trim low on each side and at the rear, how can I 'black these' out. How can I remove these 3 trims to either wrap black and reapply or better if the removal left original gleaming gloss black to match the rest of the van?

097708b3a91f47d0985a715ceae738e1.jpg

This is the kind of look I'm going for:

Vanstyle.jpg

I'm a newbie on here so please be kind

Dave K

Welcome to the forum @DaveK118 I'm not sure that those chrome strips are removeable, if they are then there won't be a gloss surface to match the rest of the grille below.

I'd say your best bet is to wrap them in situ, you might have to re do it now and again but it will be far cheaper than a new grille, plus if you don't like it you can just peel it off.

Back