Sliding-Door Step Light Connection [Merge]

What lights do you currently have fitted? Show us some photos of your interior

Assuming that’s all the lighting that you have, then it looks like you’ll have to take a feed from the glove box.

long story but my side step light is not wired in and I plan it doing it this weekend. I am taking out the double swivel seat to replace it with one from Ms Craft so that means I can easily run a feed from the fuse box in the passanger footwell. Which is the correct fuse for me to take a feed from ? does the side step light work on a timer or is it on all the time that the sliding door is open ?

It's on the courtesy circuit so you need to tap into that, it'll come on and go off with the interior lights then

thanks, i'm just looking at the fuse diagram now. Is the courtesy circuit fuse SC5 , SC19 or SC20 ?
Switched +ve is through SC20 for the front cabin, and through SC19 for the passenger section. SC5 is the feed to the BCM - Assuming you have all of them as mentioned.

You need to tap also into switched -ve in the courtesy circuit, otherwise the new lights are on when ignition is on. See Re interior light timer

Could pick up the "full" courtesy circuit at connector 10ab pin 3 (switched-ve) and pin 4 (switched+ve). Connector 10ab is the white one behind/left glove box on RHD vehicles.

Switched +ve is through SC20 for the front cabin, and through SC19 for the passenger section. SC5 is the feed to the BCM - Assuming you have all of them as mentioned.

You need to tap also into switched -ve in the courtesy circuit, otherwise the new lights are on when ignition is on. See Re interior light timer

Could pick up the "full" courtesy circuit at connector 10ab pin 3 (switched-ve) and pin 4 (switched+ve). Connector 10ab is the white one behind/left glove box on RHD vehicles.
Thats sounds a bit too much for my electrical skills , think i'll get someone who knows what they are doing to wire it up for me

Reactions: mmi
just bought a deeper step with step light for my conversion. I have the three wires from the original rear courtesy switch and just want the step light on when the doors opened then to go off after short period. My questions are a) which wires do i need to tap into? B) what connector do i need for the step light itself? Its a plug in type with two prongs. C) What type of wire should i use to run down the b pillar?
cheers

Red/black is + and brown/red is switched negative. Use 0.5 cable. You can use small spade connectors if you can't find the OE plug for the light.

I used the switched neutral, that is the brown wire with a stripe on it, there is another brown wire which is the un-switched. The red striped wire is the live. I have bought a small rocker switch to override this light as we often sleep with the sliding door open when the awning is attached to the van (or at least we do with our bay) otherwise the light will be on permanently unless there is some sort of maximum time the lights stay on for; I haven't had the van long and the lights have been stripped out for the most so I'm in the dark on that one so to speak!!
Yes they time out, if you open and close the door, mine stay on for about 30 secs (or untill central locking locks the doors), but if the door is left open it does time out after a longer while (never timed it, but 5 or 10 mins or more)

How do people route the cable for the kombi step light out from the step to the B pillar without it being visible?

Back