Side Lights And Interior Cab Lights Not Working

Graham McD

Hi, Can anyone help please, I have no side or cab lights. I have replaced fuse as it was blown, and disconnected and reconnected the battery, as advised. Still have no lights on either, any help would be appreciated.

It’s a trendline, was changing interior bulbs for led’s, took out the light unit wrong, and it blew the fuse. Think it might need plugged in to fix.

Have you checked the fuse with a test-light or multi-meter for 12v power feed at both sides of the fuse?

you mave have blown one of the cartridge fuses at the bottom.

what fuse blew? - SC20? (3rd one down top left?)

have a quick look here > Can’t Find Interior Light Fuse On A Vw T6 2018

Have you checked the fuse with a test-light or multi-meter for 12v power feed at both sides of the fuse?

you mave have blown one of the cartridge fuses at the bottom.

what fuse blew? - SC20? (3rd one down top left?)

7.5 one it had definitely gone, and has power now. Do u reckon the square ones at the bottom could be gone?? Also I wondered if the leisure battery was still connected, that it would somehow still not allow the battery disconnection trick to work.

best thing to do is check all the electrics to see what if anything else is not working,

then go from there.

best thing to do is check all the electrics to see what if anything else is not working,

then go from there.

So, have checked all of the fuses, all working. Looks like I need to get it plugged in, to find the problem. Would it be worthwhile getting one of them Carista plug-ins??

It'll definitely be a fuse problem. Have you made sure you've plugged the new fuse into the correct slot?

This is the fuse for interior and side lights

IMG_5088.jpg

Oh, and cycle the ignition too.

I did exactly the same and had a similar issue.
In the end I took out all the led bulbs changed the fuse and put the originals back in, turned the ignition on, turned the ignition off went for a cup of tea then turned ignition on, started engine turned off and everything worked again.
I was probably just lucky!
Oh, when I then went to put the led bulbs back in I discovered one of them was faulty which I guess could have been my problem.
I know how you feel and hope your fix as simple as mine - fingers crossed.

hi , iv got a ploblem if you can show any light for me please iv got no ignition lights at all wen I turn the key its a 18 transporter first of all my interior lights went off as I took down roof lineing but I left it I thought just a fuse do it another day then I noticed I ad no rear lights so few days ago I decided to check the fuses out I droped the one fuse loseing it down behind the trim so don't know if it ad blown or even the right fuse I took out I went on here to find were it was , iv took about 4 fuses out to check them and looked ok so I left it for couple hours then on eveing went out to park it up for the night and would not turn over and iv noticed iv got no dashboard lights at all no ellec windows no fan no headlights no interior lights only thing I found working is the radio and the hazard lights gone back over most the fuses even checked the fuses by the battery .iv checked the battery itself seems plenty of life in there cant see it being that.so im bit at a lose end iv only got one key was wondering if iv taken a fuse out that now as disabled the transponder /immobiliser system .iv just read your coments above about resetting the computer. so if you could help me in anyway it would be appreciated before I have to call out a auto electrician wich trying not to do,and im sorry to bother you, thanks steve

hi , iv got a ploblem if you can show any light for me please iv got no ignition lights at all wen I turn the key its a 18 transporter first of all my interior lights went off as I took down roof lineing but I left it I thought just a fuse do it another day then I noticed I ad no rear lights so few days ago I decided to check the fuses out I droped the one fuse loseing it down behind the trim so don't know if it ad blown or even the right fuse I took out I went on here to find were it was , iv took about 4 fuses out to check them and looked ok so I left it for couple hours then on eveing went out to park it up for the night and would not turn over and iv noticed iv got no dashboard lights at all no ellec windows no fan no headlights no interior lights only thing I found working is the radio and the hazard lights gone back over most the fuses even checked the fuses by the battery .iv checked the battery itself seems plenty of life in there cant see it being that.so im bit at a lose end iv only got one key was wondering if iv taken a fuse out that now as disabled the transponder /immobiliser system .iv just read your coments above about resetting the computer. so if you could help me in anyway it would be appreciated before I have to call out a auto electrician wich trying not to do,and im sorry to bother you, thanks steve
@t6 steve I had the exact same issue after a certain poptop roof installer disabled my van by pulling out a specific fuse. All of those circuits are controlled by a 7.5a mini blade fuse in location SC32. Go to my thread Hilo Sport Roof Review
And look at the engineers report attached to the thread.
SC32 is the Centre fuse board (middle of the dash). Go to the centre row, and it is the 6th location from the top.
Drop me a PM if you can’t find it, give me your number and i’ll talk you through it.

hi thank you for takeing the time to message me back ,strange thing happened after giving up on it today .I came in to have a bbite to eat and read your message went back out after about two hours to go threw the fuses you said it could be I put the key in so I could put fan/wipers on so by messing with a fuse if I got right one id hear fan etc put key in and all dash board lights came on tried to start it but could tell battery was bit down so put the starter pack on and it started up only thing I can think it might be was id left it for over a hour and it reset it self something I ad read somewere ,but id still got no interior lights or tail lights but checked the fuse you ad mentioned to find it ad no fuse in it at all .so that must ad blown I went to take it out but it droped behind the plastic trim so never got round to checking it out .so id fought id put one back in its place but must put it in the next empty space.its difficult place to get down to be level with it don't help being bit on big side but put one in got rear lights and interior lights so im a happy bunny now .first of all once it started I thought iit ad gone into limp mode would not rev up more than 2500 but no warning lights on took it around the block to find it was fine so once again cant thank you enough I dare say il be back on as im converting it into a camper so something else will crop up. so thank you once again.if I can help you with anything plob I cant .lol wen you said they fitted a pop top on yours I fitted one on my old t5 and must ad touched a wire towards the rear wen cutting roof out on comes a light got it checked out it said rear speed sensor took it to garage put new sensor in but still light was on got it checked again came up wireing plob on rear speed sensor so got mate to run a new earth threw and light came off all was fine ,thanks for shareing your brain powers ,steved

hi again just read all your ploblems with the roof fitters its clearly something they ad done as it was ok when it went in but I do know from wen I done my roof in the two far corners running upwards then along the roof are two wireing looms and wen I cut my roof out I ad to comme within a bout one centimetre of the wire might bbe less than that I do rem just nicking the one but thought id sorted it out and taped it up but then I ad to pop rivite two long strengthen channels down the side wich then means you can get to the wireing again the length of the van so its easy to go threw a wire or even just nick one but these fitters doing it every day should know were all the wires are but sure it was a accident and these newer motors have that many new things and gadgets that the average person cant sort out iv got a t4 in back garden and id like to think I can work on that and sort it .well after reading your pages of ploblems you have its now 12.15 am time to go to bed lol and hope things are much better I don't think my roof leaks and it was my first and last one I do took me a full day and a bit and load of head acks .so hope is al well now foor you and enjoy,and thank you again steve

Are their any other options for no interior lights or side lights after shorting the fuse fitting LED lights into existing rear interior light wires. T6 transporter trendline.
Tried disconnecting battery for days,
Checked fuses in the centre of the dash below cup holder a million times (no exaggeration)
Cycling ignition
Leaving everything locking up and coming back a few days later.
No joy at all, some more wise advice would be fantastic.

Back