Which Side Bars?

Dave Coughlan

T6 Pro
I'm looking for black sidebars that hug the side of the van tight and not too big either. I'd love the Trapezoid ones but too expensive... I guess 500 or so by the time they are powder coated. Looking at the Veedub ones as a possability. Any suggestions welcome. The addition of a splitter has lead me to think I need the sidebars to finish the look.. tks

I was in VW today and asked about sportline bars in black and they told me they dont exist, you have to buy silver ones and have them powder coated. so price of the bars + £300 for powder coating

I was in VW today and asked about sportline bars in black and they told me they dont exist, you have to buy silver ones and have them powder coated. so price of the bars + £300 for powder coating

I'm amazed that one of the after market parts companys haven't jumped on the bandwagon with this one,the trapezium bars are beautiful in black.If I had gone for black and not chrome I would have definitely gone down the trapeziums powder coated route.

You could be right, but it was an option my dealer in Leicester offered me. When I said I wanted side bars, my sales guy just automatically asked if I wanted Chrome or Black.

It cost me £100 to get my trapezoid bars powder coated

where did those satin black ones come from?
@Tourershine 's side bars are tubular, not trapezoid by the looks of it.

These are stainless. From Vanstyle. Marketed as side safety bars. They mount on a frame that has two cross bars. Albeit, I cut the box frame down by 25mm on each side, as I preferred to have the side bars in behind the mud flaps and a little more flush to the side of the van. I like that they run the whole length of the sill.

20181101_080143.jpg

Back