Side Bars or Side Boards?

Pauly

VCDS User
Admin
Had a good look around for some side bars with steps as my youngest is struggling to get in and out of the back.
I only have one rear door and really want a set of bars with three steps, 2 on one side and 1 on the other as i dont like the look of an extra step where there is no door, i have seen these fitted on T5s but cant find any listed anywhere For T5s or T6s, anyone seen these around anywhere, and can anyone confirm for sure if they are the same for 5s and 6s
Im not that keen on the full length steps/running boards so the only other option is plain bars but im worried if his foot slips hes going to either run his shin down the bars or worse still slip forwards and jam his leg between bar and van

So my lovely Nan is struggling to get in and out of my van when I'm taking her shopping each week. I've been looking at some side steps but they look like they sit in a really awkward position. To me, it seems you can only get the tip of your toes onto them before getting into the van. Has anyone got any? Is there enough foot space on them to actually utilise them as a step?

Maybe a mobility step that is placed under the door and retracts back when not in use would be a good solution?
Ahhh that'll be perfect. If I can one for the near side at the right price then happy days.

Try german ebay!.

I've been trying to find if anyone on here has actually ordered from eBay in another country?
Only reason being is there are some good prices on certain things like wheels on the German eBay site, even a genuine set of Fiat ones that I've been after for my Motorhome, not to mention the stuff available for a T6.

I've been trying to find if anyone on here has actually ordered from eBay in another country?
Only reason being is there are some good prices on certain things like wheels on the German eBay site, even a genuine set of Fiat ones that I've been after for my Motorhome, not to mention the stuff available for a T6.

I have, I’ve bought carpets from a private mercedes dealer in Germany for my e500 & parts for my Harley in the past, no problems

I have too, generally it’s fine as you have buyer protection but if something is wrong it can be a PITA getting the seller to pay for return postage

Thanks chaps, that's good to know.
I've seen several things on the German eBay, but never ordered anything because they are mostly quite expensive items, and you worry something will go wrong, and you end up out of pocket.

Hi

Need to fit a sidestep for the Multivan arriving here in the coming weeks to help my daughters in/out access to the van.
So what I am looking for is a good balance between functionality and aesthetics.
Love the 60 mm tubes with steps from Cobra but practical functionality is not sufficient.

Hoping someone have experience with- or opinion about any of the following sidesteps from Trade Van accessories which I am looking at.

Current aesthetic favorite:
VW T6 Caravelle Side Steps

This could do a well but looks a bit heavier to my taste:
Exec Stainless Steel Side Steps C2 - VW T6 Transporter SWB

Also does anyone have any comments on the shop itself?
Wrote them a mail this morning but no reply so far.
I dont expect momentary answer but on the other hand some kind of response would raise trust. :)

Already ordered and received one of these from Vanstyling:
TRAX HD Sport Step Sidebar VW T5 T6 - Vanstyle

Liked the looks of them them a lot and they do seem solid but after having them before me they are no go.
So, even cost is a small fortune, I will be returning them since I find finish a good deal below acceptable as well as the need to drill holes in my all new Multivan instead of using already available fitting points is a NOPE! in my book :).

Kind regards Repete

@Flashollie @Repete
Both looking for simular I think..

Thanks for commenting.

I agree they are not exactly miles apart in basic design.:)
Ended up pulling the trigger on this one today: (Need to have something ready since the new "baby" is coming soon)
VW T6 Caravelle Side Steps

The black plastiv might turn greyish and sad over time. But in that case I will either look for something to exchange it with or I will have to swap the sidestep entirely.

So I guess I will have to return the originally purchased TRAX HD model if not able to sell it.

Do any members here have running boards rather than side bars fitted? Looking for photos that aren't close ups or just the running boards like you get on the various parts websites. Much appreciated in advance, thanks J.

Tumeric Yellow is a fantastic colour..:thumbsup::thumbsup:. Looks great on your T6

View attachment 41694

It most certainly doesnt look to bad on your Golf either. :)

Had actually closed the spec. and deal with it in Deep black pearl when seeing Turmeric on a T6 in a showroom.
Took about 2 mins to recover and before knowing it had to be the Turmeric metallic instead. :)

Back