Side Assist Stopped working

New GEN6 Owner

Returning Member
T6 Pro
Hi all

On our way to the south coast we noticed our side assist has stopped working, any ideas?

The rear parking sensors which I believe are linked still work and the side assist still shows in the DIS menu but it's greyed out and inselectable ???

Any help appreciated

It is easy to pop the sensors out and check that the terminals are pushed home OK. A small plastic trim tool will ease them out of the wing mirror housings

The wing mirrors house the indicator the sensors are at the rear of the vehicle by the rear lights, I'm guessing here but the fact they are greyed out would suggest the system is turned off/failed
Have you checked it's not untucked in the assistants menu on mfd or is that where you are referring to that's greyed out as some assistance stuff appears twice in the menu
Once in the assistance to turn on/off then again in the mfd menu to adjust settings

I'm a little confused, the menu I'm looking at is in the middle of the dials, it list the three items to switch off, one is Side Assist the other is driver alert and I can't remember the third off hand

There is a base menu called assistants which is the one your looking at where you can turn the whole function on and off but in the main mfd menu you can sometimes go into each feature and adjust settings in more depth
I don't have side assist but on a van with front assist you can go into the mfd menu and there are three further options for warnings and display etc so assume side assist may be the same ?
Either way if your not sure just pop to your local dealer as if you can't turn it on they may need to book it in

I've got side assist on mine I've had a good look through the menus and cannot find anyway to disable it only change the brightness of the indicator lights in the wing mirrors looked in the owners manual only mentions it cannot be switched on if towbar electrics plugged into a trailer or to check the sensors which are located in the rear bumper to make sure they arent damaged and free from snow or ice...

Cheers and thanks for looking, you can switch them off in the settings on the DIS menu (centre of dials) but only when stationary, will get it booked into the dealer when we're back

Back