(Side Assist) / (Blind Spot Detection & Rear Cross Traffic Alert) retrofit

Hello
After installing on my Multivan T6 Side Assist, I have a persistent error and the system does not work. Can you guys tell me who faced this problem. Any help?thanks

Address 3C: Ассистент смены полосы движения Файл QML: 5Q0-907-566.clb
Control Module Part Number: VW/Audi: 7E0 907 566 C АО: 4H0 907 566 F
Component and/or Version: SWA Master H08 0030
Software Coding: 030311
WSC 00012 790 50316
ASAM/ODX: EV_LaneChangAssis 001028 (VN75)
ODX: EV_LaneChangAssis_VN75.odx

1 Fault Found:
119316 - Databus
U1123 00 [009]
[Central ECU for steering column - no signal/no communication (Signale GK2_Sta_Lichtsensor: GK2_LS_KomFehler: GK2_LS_def(Botschaft mGate_Komf_2))]
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 129
Mileage: 125308 km
Date: 2035.14.06
Time: 12:04:19

Hello
After installing on my Multivan T6 Side Assist, I have a persistent error and the system does not work. Can you guys tell me who faced this problem. Any help?thanks
Please post full VCDS Auto-Scan --- start VCDS and do the Auto-Scan first (before doing anything else).

I still have 1 fault o_O
I have attached A Full scan
tempImageAutMSW.png

Attachments

• scan02.txt.pdf
    10 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: mmi
I still have 1 fault o_O
I have attached A Full scan
Well, on T6 the coding byte 0 as "04" definitely triggers the same fault.
Found this in my emails with @Robert from early phase of this thread.
1635018985460.png

Do you have Rear Traffic Alert & Blind Spot selections active on your dash, or are they grayed out?
I can only propose (again) to try changing byte 0 to "03".

Well, on T6 the coding byte 0 as "04" definitely triggers the same fault.
Found this in my emails with @Robert from early phase of this thread.

Do you have Rear Traffic Alert & Blind Spot selections active on your dash, or are they grayed out?
I can only propose (again) to try changing byte 0 to "03".
C3A1A263-1CBF-4F5D-83B9-BE0AB28E2832.jpeg

It's All active
Yes I will change it tomorrow to 03, and check what will happen

No, always available
Ok, it's different than on T6. Well, the cluster is different. T6 disables the selections when there is a fault present.

Last question - when you tick Blind Spot off and then on, the LEDs in the mirrors turn on for a moment?
But do they do the same also after driving forward for some time (having now the fault on)?

They act the same way with or without the fault, they are always on, they are off only when I turn the steering right or left, and they flash for a seconds when I activate the turn signal, and I didn’t noticed any change when I tick SA or RTA

Reactions: mmi
Ok, it's different than on T6. Well, the cluster is different. T6 disables the selections when there is a fault present.
Looking at the last AUTOSCAN posted by @Shadow109 it appears like this

SW: 7E0 920 980 S
HW: 5E0 920 880 S
H04 1109

thus T6 :whistle:.

Also his BCM/CAN GATEWAY is

SW: 7E0 937 090 E
HW: 7E0 937 090 E
H84 0772

HW: 5E0 920 880 S
Indeed.... magic - "5E0"? :unsure:
That is Fantastic !

So that Cluster
Part No SW: 7E0 920 880 S HW: 5E0 920 880 S
Component: KOMBI H04 1105
Serial number: 00000000000000
Coding: 140A230C00

Together with that TPMS
Part No SW: 3AA 907 273 F HW: 5Q0 907 273
Component: RDKBERU30 H04 0011
Is bringing Outline.

Need to figure out why the 1105 Cluster i tested did not show outline ....

Hi everyone, I would like to fit the Blind Spot and Parking Assistant option to my car which is a 2016 Beetle, not a T6 (I do have a VW Bus but it's 1952 so not really relevant here). The knowledge here about this retro fit seems to be far better than anywhere else in the world that I can find so I hope you don't mind if I ask you all for some advice please?

I have just messaged Kufatec, who sell a complete kit, and asked them a few questions. Unfortunately Kufatec replied and told me that they do not wish to deal with me and so have not answered my questions and I have no way of getting the kit from them myself. The reason they won't deal with me is because of a situation back in 2020 when I bought their Bi Xenon adaptor and then spent two or three days helping them resolve all the issues with it including incorrect coding instructions in their manual. I then expected a reasonable discount on another item in return for my time, but they didn't agree.

So, I'm not going to ask every question here, but there are 3 topics in the menu of their instruction manual, for which I only have the preview which anyone can download, that I would like to know more about. This what I asked Kufatec....

10. Safety Instructions for working on Airbags: Is this relevant? Do any airbags need to be removed?
21. Replacement Speed Sensors: What does this mean, and what does it involve? There are no speed sensors included with the kit.
24. Bus Rest: What does this mean?

Kufatec_Instructions_600.jpg

On a slightly different note does anyone know where I can access Etka online that gives info that is easy to understand? I can find a Russian site, but I can't find what I'm looking for (which is Mirror Glass with Blind Spot indicator for a Right Hand Drive car.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

www.julianhunt.net

10. Safety Instructions for working on Airbags: Is this relevant? Do any airbags need to be removed?
21. Replacement Speed Sensors: What does this mean, and what does it involve? There are no speed sensors included with the kit.

Hi and welcome.

10. ==> i guess that is simply put into all their Documents to be safe, i am not aware of any AirBag work needed
21. ==> for Blind Spot and Parking Assistant it is needed that the ABS can see if car moves forward or backward, for this other WheelSpeed Sensors are needed.
We talked about them here in this thread already. So you need to install for your Car matching Bidirectional measuring Sensors on the rear Axle and you need to tell your ABS via a Coding Change that now Bidirectional Sensors are installed for the Rear Axle.
23. ==> No clue

Hi everyone, I would like to fit the Blind Spot and Parking Assistant option to my car which is a 2016 Beetle, not a T6 (I do have a VW Bus but it's 1952 so not really relevant here). The knowledge here about this retro fit seems to be far better than anywhere else in the world that I can find so I hope you don't mind if I ask you all for some advice please?

I have just messaged Kufatec, who sell a complete kit, and asked them a few questions. Unfortunately Kufatec replied and told me that they do not wish to deal with me and so have not answered my questions and I have no way of getting the kit from them myself. The reason they won't deal with me is because of a situation back in 2020 when I bought their Bi Xenon adaptor and then spent two or three days helping them resolve all the issues with it including incorrect coding instructions in their manual. I then expected a reasonable discount on another item in return for my time, but they didn't agree.

So, I'm not going to ask every question here, but there are 3 topics in the menu of their instruction manual, for which I only have the preview which anyone can download, that I would like to know more about. This what I asked Kufatec....

View attachment 142127

On a slightly different note does anyone know where I can access Etka online that gives info that is easy to understand? I can find a Russian site, but I can't find what I'm looking for (which is Mirror Glass with Blind Spot indicator for a Right Hand Drive car.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

www.julianhunt.net
Can you share a Vcds Autoscan? If I'm right you may have the ABS which supports PLA3 so you may ending up with a fully working RTA...

Hi and welcome.

Thank you, and thank you also for your super fast reply!

==> i guess that is simply put into all their Documents to be safe, i am not aware of any AirBag work needed

I also thought that might be the reason, and it's good news because I definitely don't want to be removing the steering wheel! Looking at Kufatec's manual for the Golf it does say the steering wheel needs to be removed for something to do with a steering column switch.

==> for Blind Spot and Parking Assistant it is needed that the ABS can see if car moves forward or backward, for this other WheelSpeed Sensors are needed.
We talked about them here in this thread already. So you need to install for your Car matching Bidirectional measuring Sensors on the rear Axle and you need to tell your ABS via a Coding Change that now Bidirectional Sensors are installed for the Rear Axle.

Interesting, I'll look back through the thread and find where it was discussed. If they are needed I'm surprised Kufatec don't supply them in their kit. Incidentally my car has the IRS Sport suspension set up, so no axle.... would that make any difference? I'm guessing not, and that it still needs the bidirectional sensors.

==> No clue

Humm.... hopefully it's no big deal.

Thank you for your help..... I'm not sure if I'm going to attempt this yet. I really want to do it but with no support from Kufatec, and having had problems with their products in the past it might be too much of a risk.

www.julianhunt.net

Back