Sickness feeling in camper

Levelling ramps are your first and cheapest option, as you say it might just be the fact you are off level.

But as said above, it might also be the movement of the van on its suspension as you and others move about, there was someone on the forum a while ago who was considering selling as they couldn't cope with the movement.

If levelling doesn't work, then speak to @CRS Performance to see if they can stiffen it up (cue @JOG , apologies in advance @CAMPA !). It is the more expensive fix but shouldn't be wasted money if all the other happy customers of CRS are correct.

But @Bav has a good point, if it is a new conversion there may be glue / carpet or other fumes that are affecting you.

If none of those work, sell the van, buy a motorhome, install self-levelling jacks!!!
Steve at @CRS Performance has sorted out my saggy rear but he has never stiffened me up! My rear end isn’t complaining though

Thank you. That’s really good to know as don’t want to sell I’ve been wanting a van for so many years. It really does make me feel off balance it’s so weird.
When the rear is sagging approx 30 to 40 mm. ( as a result of camper conversion ) this moves all the weight over the rear axle and lessens the weight on the front axle. , this causes under steer and the steering goes light . The parts to sort this are just over £1000. . Probably best to call us to discuss the various solutions we offer .

Have you got windows in the back? Even with the best suspension in the world, if it's parked on a slope, it's not going to sit level. For some people, if the eyes can't see enough reference points outside, the brain can't compute what's going on so goes a bit doolally. A bit like sea sickness.

Other thing to consider would be ventilation some fresh air coming in might help if it gets stuffy

Have you got windows in the back? Even with the best suspension in the world, if it's parked on a slope, it's not going to sit level. For some people, if the eyes can't see enough reference points outside, the brain can't compute what's going on so goes a bit doolally. A bit like sea sickness.
It does have windows but pretty blacked out at the sides. Has a large window at the back. That does sound like what’s happening to me. I can drive it all day long but the minute I park up and go in the back I feel woozy/unbalanced. It doesn’t just go either it lasts for ages. Thank you for your help.

Reactions: CAB
This thread was started a while ago - I’ve not read through to see if there was a fix.

Reactions: CAB
Good call! And utterly sensible, unlike my suggestion. :rolleyes:

Back