Sickness feeling in camper

CAMPA

Hi, this Forum has been really helpful as we are new T6 Camper owners. I’m really struggling with feeling, unbalanced when I’ve been in the back of the campervan. Not driving that’s fine. It lasts a while. I don’t feel sick just quite off balance in my head (hope that makes sense). Does anyone else get this and can anyone offer any advice. I’m worried it will put a dampener on my holidays. Thank you x

What sort of van have you got? T28? My initial suspicion is the suspension and anti-roll bars aren’t up to carrying the weight of the conversion. Have a chat with @CRS Performance on here

My husband, son and mum all are fine though when they have been in the van. I do think it made it better when we levelled her off at the campsite. I’ve parked in a slightly slopey car park today and instantly felt woozy. I just wondered if others had felt like this and if any remedies maybe.

Unbalanced as in it's wobbling around or it's not level?

Do you mean when stationary or when being a passenger in the rear?

My husband, son and mum all are fine though when they have been in the van. I do think it made it better when we levelled her off at the campsite. I’ve parked in a slightly slopey car park today and instantly felt woozy. I just wondered if others had felt like this and if any remedies maybe.
Buy a set of levelling blocks

Do you mean when stationary or when being a passenger in the rear?
I’m fine when driving but when I’m in the back (when parked up) I feel almost sea sickness without feeling sick, I do think it’s when the van is not levelled. I just wondered if anyone else had felt like this.

Unbalanced as in it's wobbling around or it's not level?
It doesn’t really wobble. I just feel like my balance is thrown off it’s quite weird but maybe like you say I need to level her off and maybe even do that when in car parks for a while if I’ll be going on the back and not just at the campsites. Thanks

Hi, this Forum has been really helpful as we are new T6 Camper owners. I’m really struggling with feeling, unbalanced when I’ve been in the back of the campervan. Not driving that’s fine. It lasts a while. I don’t feel sick just quite off balance in my head (hope that makes sense). Does anyone else get this and can anyone offer any advice. I’m worried it will put a dampener on my holidays. Thank you x
Sorry, I didn’t make it clear it’s when I go in the back of the van when it’s stationary not when travelling. Especially when the ground is unlevel. Thanks for all your advice, much appreciated.

Just a thought, but what's the interior of your van like? Do you have a psychedelic colour scheme, bright strobe lighting and a faint smell of ganja?
Cracked me up!

Reactions: Bav
This is easy to sort out and in the big scheme of camper costs. Quite a reasonable cost solution.
Need to get the correct springs that can cope with the conversion and. Koni shocks to make it ride well and keep all occupants comfortable and safe . ( front and back )

Levelling ramps are your first and cheapest option, as you say it might just be the fact you are off level.

But as said above, it might also be the movement of the van on its suspension as you and others move about, there was someone on the forum a while ago who was considering selling as they couldn't cope with the movement.

If levelling doesn't work, then speak to @CRS Performance to see if they can stiffen it up (cue @JOG , apologies in advance @CAMPA !). It is the more expensive fix but shouldn't be wasted money if all the other happy customers of CRS are correct.

But @Bav has a good point, if it is a new conversion there may be glue / carpet or other fumes that are affecting you.

If none of those work, sell the van, buy a motorhome, install self-levelling jacks!!!

This is easy to sort out and in the big scheme of camper costs. Quite a reasonable cost solution.
Need to get the correct springs that can cope with the conversion and. Koni shocks to make it ride well and keep all occupants comfortable and safe . ( front and back )
Thank you. That’s really good to know as don’t want to sell I’ve been wanting a van for so many years. It really does make me feel off balance it’s so weird.

Levelling ramps are your first and cheapest option, as you say it might just be the fact you are off level.

But as said above, it might also be the movement of the van on its suspension as you and others move about, there was someone on the forum a while ago who was considering selling as they couldn't cope with the movement.

If levelling doesn't work, then speak to @CRS Performance to see if they can stiffen it up (cue @JOG , apologies in advance @CAMPA !). It is the more expensive fix but shouldn't be wasted money if all the other happy customers of CRS are correct.

But @Bav has a good point, if it is a new conversion there may be glue / carpet or other fumes that are affecting you.

If none of those work, sell the van, buy a motorhome, install self-levelling jacks!!!
Thanks a lot for the advice. It’s just good to hear I’m not the only one who’s felt this way as was getting a bit worried! It’s quite gutting when you’ve dreamed of having a van for years and this happens.

Reactions: CAB
Thank you. That’s really good to know as don’t want to sell I’ve been wanting a van for so many years. It really does make me feel off balance it’s so weird.
Would you mind sending me a rough quote for this work please if it’s not too much trouble. Thank you

Back