Shuttle Rear Quarter Panel Removal Guide.

MrTesco

T6 Pro
Morning people,

Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide or give me advice on how to remove the rear quarter panels in a Shuttle please as I'm thinking of upgrading the rear speakers and sound denting, hoping it's fairly easy job?

I have done a quick search on here but cannot find anything to help...unless there is a better term to search other than " shuttle rear panel removal or shuttle rear quarter panel removal "

Cheers in advance
Charlie

Like the doors and a lot of the panels they are are just clipped on with these T5 T5.1 T6 Door Card Panel Clips x10 (genuine VW)

I would recommend getting some spares before you start as sometimes they break when you prize them out.

just feel your way round the panel as you pull it of and you can feel where the fixing are (gently ;)).

I've just taken mine out. Really easy as its all popped in, no bolts. Well you need to undo the seat belt bolts but thats pretty much it. Remove the pillar covers which again are just popped in with clips. I started at the seals slowly giving it some yanks then your soon be hearing all the clips popping out, the closer you get to the middle and top you will then just be left with the blinds on the window clips. Again a good yank will have them off.
I also found using the spare wheel and fan motor cover holes useful for more lever points. Once it is popped off you will need to unclip the 12v sockets if you have them.

Just attempted this today and as expected a few of the black clips broke but I was hoping the white clips (that are solvent welded to the back of panel) would have been made of sterner stuff. Panels out but a lot of these are broken. Basically the black clips stayed in the hole (they were hard to get out) and these broke off. Any ideas for replacing them..?

IMG_20210123_140326.jpg

Just attempted this today and as expected a few of the black clips broke but I was hoping the white clips (that are solvent welded to the back of panel) would have been made of sterner stuff. Panels out but a lot of these are broken. Basically the black clips stayed in the hole (they were hard to get out) and these broke off. Any ideas for replacing them..?

View attachment 99835
also interested in any suggestions here. Just removed my rear panel today and had the same thing happen: white plastic on inside of panel breaking, leaving black clips in the wall. Not sure what I'm doing wrong...

also interested in any suggestions here. Just removed my rear panel today and had the same thing happen: white plastic on inside of panel breaking, leaving black clips in the wall. Not sure what I'm doing wrong...
I'm not sure you've done anything wrong mate, I think the rear plastic is just not up to the job. I took mine off in the freezing cold which probably didn't help either. Maybe should have warmed the panels up with a heat gun first...I'm sure you must be able to get replacements so you could grind down the ones that broke and then use some solvent weld to stick the new panel clip retainer over the top of the old one. Thing is I have no idea where to get them from. I will say that although nearly 50% of mine broke the panels still go back in ok. If it helps the door cards and tail gate cards have far better quality clips so come off a piece of cake.

I got my clips from the local VW Transporter dealer. Unfortunately there seem to be a number of different ones that are quite similar so perhaps take an unbroken sample to show the parts guy

Back