T32 only as far as I know. Brochure lists window van as being available as a T30 but all the Shuttle configurations are T32

EDIT: Standby on that.....

Just had a wee look at the brochure again. Oddly the 84ps engine is shown as having a gross weight of 3080kg. So heavier than a that of a T30 but not the full 3200kg of a T32. Maybe they regard the lower horsepower engine as not being powerful enough to lug a full 3200kg about.

Screenshot_20181216-125124_Drive.jpg

Thanks Dieseldonkey - Been going through the brochures myself this morning trying to clarify this, would it say on the V5 maybe ?

Yes. It's in the V5 in the model section. I haven't personally come across the 84ps so not sure if you'll find one or not. Expect they marketing it as a T32 keeps it simple and avoids a T30.8. Not sure if this is similar situation to the panel van.

Screenshot_20181216-130234_Gallery.jpg

Right need a little advice please.

I have a 2016 LWB shuttle, now the logbook says T32 but VW say i have the smaller brakes etc.

Now been thinking about lowering as the van is out of warranty soon but unsure as to what suspension i need also what load rating i need on the wheels.

Does this plate tell me my weights are T30 to T32? 20190419_210331.jpg

Definitely a T30.
#1 and #2 are the maximum axle weights for the front and rear.
If it were a T32 one of those ratings would be 1720kg.
As far as wheel ratings go, take the highest number (1680) and divide it by the two wheels on that axle, and you get the load rating requirement per wheel, I.e 840kg.

Looking to upgrade the suspension on my LWB Shuttle which according to the v5 is a T32. The standard setup is crazy high and really bouncy, this is probably not helped by the fact I removed all the rear seats (9 seater!)

I have read about the van being designed to drive well fully loaded (seats, passengers and luggage etc) and so to test this I loaded the van with lots of heavy stuff (and it was better ) which leads me to wonder..

Although not technically correct, would I get a better ride fitting suspension options for a T30 ? Can I actually fit T30 shocks?

The seats are not going back in and I’ll never have 6 people in the back, possibly 1 but probably not. With work my maximum load would be 300kg approximately

I've fitted T32 rear springs to a T30 to solve a over weight and sagging problem.

So I suppose fitting T30 springs on the T32 will be a bit less springy.... but at the same ride height.

You may want to look at some of the T32 lowering sets...

Maybe a 30mm or 40mm drop? With just springs.

Or the full adjustable B14s etc.

Good to know, thanks for that.

I ‘think’ the front dampers may be different between the T30 and T32?

Interestingly the shocks are grouped into two options:

Panel van & estate veh

or

Multivan & Caravelle

I think the shuttle is called Multivan in Europe

8A3F8EE3-2B2D-4E3A-A9C4-E2429C23E3F9.jpeg

And looking at the parts diagrams they show a different option on the damper with different mounting points at the bottom (shown in green)

I guess I need to see which type is actually fitted to my shuttle to be sure...

Front dampers.png

Not quite. If you google T6 Muiltivan, you'll see the images come up with, what we call in the UK, the Caravelle. Or the posh interior with seats on rails.

I think on the continent the name Caravelle refers to what we know as the 8/9 seat Shuttle.
Confusing I know.

If it makes it easier to search, the variant for chassis/body for a UK spec Shuttle is 7HC.

On a side note, I thought the front strut assembly on a T32 is different. Hence why you get specific suspension kits for T26 to T30, then a stand alone kit for the T32.

Another fly in the ointment is that the figures shown for a SWB SE spec Shuttle indicate its ride height is 20mm lower than the other variants. Just something to be aware of if you plan on lowering 30-40mm. Potentially only a 10-20mm difference from stock springs depending on what spec you've got.

Screenshot_20200101-204421_Word.jpg

Might be more flys than ointment soon :)

I think I’m going to have to go coil over, otherwise I’ll probably end up doing it twice

Back