Show us your windowed van conversions

temma2k2

VIP Member
I really want to see what people have done with vans that have windows in rear quarters, there doesnt seem to be many options out there for low furniture, i may be wrong?

I opted for windows all round and have been slowly putting together some furniture.

This is nowhere near as swish as a proper camper conversion because I’ve never done any woodwork before, but I couldn’t find any prebuilt furniture that worked in the layout my girlfriend wanted so I thought I’d give it a go.

68FA29DE-B1A9-4739-94B0-2F7542EF84C2.jpeg

Rear of the van has a table that seats at least four around it, which also collapses down into a bed.

88201336-AFB2-4BD0-839E-5CDFEE039F47.jpeg

We’re waiting on the foam to arrive so we can make some cushions and backrests for the benches that will also form the mattress and pillows. But for now we’ve been borrowing soft furnishings from the house for day trips:

EEDE9E2B-528B-4962-9ECF-A1D01CFA7D15.jpeg

There’s plenty of storage under those benches. (The Thetford 335 lives there… :thumbsup:)

Since those photos were taken I’ve also put the kitchen unit together behind the bulkhead:

BFEC8F3C-5693-4E5B-8D84-BFDF1E47A50E.jpeg

577DB0E4-110B-4121-A21C-5C32784A8101.jpeg

(That unfinished extension to the drivers side bench will eventually be a seat that folds out to transform the bench/table into a something that sleeps 2 adults lengthways down the van.)

It all just needs plumbing up, cushions and some lighting then it’ll be done for now. Nothing fancy but fairly practical. :)

Hope that might give you some inspiration with regards to layouts!

Last edited:

Absolutely love your van, im tempted to get sherwood to do ours - anything you would have changed / added at the time?

I opted for windows all round and have been slowly putting together some furniture.

This is nowhere near as swish as a proper camper conversion because I’ve never done any woodwork before, but I couldn’t find any prebuilt furniture that worked in the layout my girlfriend wanted so I thought I’d give it a go.

Rear of the van has a table that seats at least four around it, which also collapses down into a bed.

We’re waiting on the foam to arrive so we can make some cushions and backrests for the benches that will also form the mattress and pillows. But for now we’ve been borrowing soft furnishings from the house for day trips:

There’s plenty of storage under those benches. (The Thetford 335 lives there… :thumbsup:)

Since those photos were taken I’ve also put the kitchen unit together behind the bulkhead:

(That unfinished extension to the drivers side bench will eventually be a seat that folds out to transform the bench/table into a something that sleeps 2 adults lengthways down the van.)

It all just needs plumbing up, cushions and some lighting then it’ll be done for now. Nothing fancy but fairly practical. :)

Looks smart this - not sure if we would go this route as I need to store fishing gear in the back so a bed on rails might suit our needs better....

We have windows all round as we have a u-shaped layout.

Did you do this yourself or use a conversion company? Looks v. good job...

anything you would have changed / added at the time?

I didn't spec the van, I bought it already converted, it was their demonstrator.
The van works for me pretty much as it is although if there was anything I'd change it would probably be the induction hob, it sucks a lot of power from the battery. Unless the weather is really bad I usually cook outside on a gas camping stove.

View attachment 159863

View attachment 159864

View attachment 159865

View attachment 159866

View attachment 159867

Love what you’ve done there!

Hi,
Here's my interior with low cupboards I ended up building them myself using aluminium extruded framework and inserting 5mm ply panels covered with plastic film.
I made the rear cupboard shorter so I can clamp my bike (front wheel off) in the back. 20220609_103213.jpg20220609_103233.jpg

Hi,
Here's my interior with low cupboards I ended up building them myself using aluminium extruded framework and inserting 5mm ply panels covered with plastic film.
I made the rear cupboard shorter so I can clamp my bike (front wheel off) in the back.

Really like what you have done here, pretty much what i'm thinking of doing, what blinds are those? Also what colour are those units, I think they would work well in an Ascot Grey van.

Thanks, they are Vanx curtains and I've made the window surrounds and lower side panels from 5mm ply and covered them from light grey vinyl (from AStrim).
The window surrounds are fixed with velcro to the carpet lining.
The covering on the units is Dc Fix pearl (grey) self adhesive film from b&q, I wanted it to look similar to the California interior.

Absolutely love your van, im tempted to get sherwood to do ours - anything you would have changed / added at the time?

Looks smart this - not sure if we would go this route as I need to store fishing gear in the back so a bed on rails might suit our needs better....

Did you do this yourself or use a conversion company? Looks v. good job...
Most of it myself. Had the pop top fitted by Vanmax and the interior made by Northern Rose campers and I fitted it.
Cushions and upholstery was done by a local furniture upholsterers and I fitted my own blinds.

Back