Show us Your Surf Boards

I had my old Tiga 280 Slalom deposited on me from my parents a while back, brings back fond memories of ooo 30 years ago when I used to ride at Anglesey... @Farnorthsurfer that foil board looks fun... how athletic do you need to be to sail that as I'm substantially heavier now and nothing like as fit...lol... Love to give it a go though

I had my old Tiga 280 Slalom deposited on me from my parents a while back, brings back fond memories of ooo 30 years ago when I used to ride at Anglesey... @Farnorthsurfer that foil board looks fun... how athletic do you need to be to sail that as I'm substantially heavier now and nothing like as fit...lol... Love to give it a go though
The foiling is not as hard as it perhaps looks, I am no fit young thing and only an intermediate sailor. As with other things in windsurfing there are a few sub sections to foiling. Hyper fast slalom foils with thin wings and crazy speed or fat slow speed surf foils good for foiling in 10kts with no footstraps. I have both types and am still learning.
You need to be prepared for a few sessions of crashing but after that it comes quite quick really.
It’s not cheap, that’s the worst bit.
The best bit is the buzz, remember when you first learned to plane on a short board and had an adrenaline high for about a week afterwards? It’s like that. The sensation is like deep powder skiing or glassy face surfing. No noise no chop just sweet smooth sweeping across the surface like low level flying. Yep pretty hooked here:thumbsup:

anyone hung one from the inside of the roof of the van at all?

Can any of you watersport people advise me on a good inflatable paddle board and kayak.

We have an Itiwit 3 Kayak from Decathlon, great value and nothing we've seen comes close at that price. However you still need to purchase the pump and oars.
Our paddle boards are Bluefin 10'8 and 12' we snagged a good deal on Amazon who were selling them with a 15% discount. Cannot fault the quality, but it came at a price as we bought them as a bundle. Loads of SUP's brands out there, and its a bit of a minefield and advice will vary depending on who you talk to.

Would certainly recommend looking at FB groups for owners and general SUP FB groups for feedback.

We hired SUP's before taking the plunge.... immediately hooked

But on a serious note was looking forward to paddle boarding at Bala this year...not a true boarder but got the spirit ;)
We did get our boards…..next …..when time and weather permits……Manley Mere

2EAC0E1C-8D17-4963-82D0-E45C847AEE6C.jpeg

Back