Show Us Your Road Bikes

When I brake these rims it might become fixed, atm I've just stuck a freehub on the original rims. The bike is aimed at training on my work commute. The van is now too shiney to drive. My test ride this afternoon clearly showed how awful cantilever brakes are so they may get changed first.

Really like that @Montecha I’ve been on the look out for a BSB or a RLT but I can’t spend on the van and bikes at the same time :(

Likewise! :thumbsup:

Thankfully the RLT was a steal, as the dealer wanted to shift his stock, so I picked up the frameset for silly money. It has loads of clearance, those are 42mm tyres fitted and it's all internal routing for the brakes and Di2 so builds up nice - I've other bikes, but I ride this one anytime and anywhere I can.

I've got stuff I want to do on the van, but that's on hold as the Mrs wants new windows :) - still saves me painting them, more ride time :whistle:

Anyone recommend an entry level road bike?

I have a Ribble Sportive Bianco carbon. Its great value. Best advice I can give is spend money on frame set and wheels and get it to fit you. The high end group sets are nice to have but teh feel and performance of a bike is most influence by these components in my opinion. 105 is a good mid range group set though.
It topped out on the all the reviews at its price point.... Its 4 or 5 years old now but they do an updated version. I got it through bike to work scheme direct from Ribble. £1000 bike, £550 to me withe the bike to work scheme.
9 miles to work each day is a pleasure. Its a bit more comfy and upright as a sportive which I prefer in traffic for my commute. I go out for a 40 mile blast at weekends and keeps me happy. I've just up graded the wheels as the originals were tired and the brake surface was shot. The new Fulcrums make it feel like a new bike! And its nice to support a UK manufacturer. Though I think the frame are made in China.
ribble.jpeg

I like the Fulcrums, but didn’t read the small print about riders over 84kg (Racing Quattro). Wheels need regular checking apparently if over 84kg, mine have been fine though, I’m 87kg.

Mine have been fine, had them a couple of years and have hit many a pothole.

I am really liking them. They are perhaps a bit slower to pick up from standing, but when moving they just cruise and stay cruising.

My road bike :D

IMG_6123.jpg

Loving the attention to detail there Dave:thumbsup: Are they Genuine Bianchi colours on that wall?

I managed to get a decent colour match at B&Q. Bianchi Celeste seems to have evolved through the years.

Metal signs were a nice detail, very reasonable too from Etsy.

Back