Show Us Your Road Bikes

A mate of mine just purchased a nice Giant as a first bike. It wasn't daft money, came with full Ultrgra group-set, and actually rides really nice, but I guess it's always down to budget.
I got hold of a second hand Focus from Gumtree when I started, and paid around £500, then fell in love with the hobby and went out and purchased a new Focus for £2500, and spent a further £3000 getting it how I wanted it.
Then my wife found out, and now I have no man parts. :(
Had a Giant bike stolen a couple of years ago and have not got round to replacing. Little reluctant to spend a fortune for two reasons. 1) I'm no older and not sure how much use I would get and 2) Don't want to attract crooks.

My old GT tempest is lanquishing in the shed,was my summer ride to work bike.now I'm resigned to riding a recumbent, which in fairness I get a lot of enjoyment from.defo a headturner.sorry for bad pic

IMG_3234.jpg

For going really fast
35509872525_4f069dc4c8_o.jpgHopefully I'll never have to mash the Di2 shift-up button in hope of another gear ever again. #grinder #bigdog #58t #slowandlow by Dan Field, on Flickr

For smashing the local lanes on
27210563604_707454e5d4_b.jpgTrek Domane 4.5 by Dan Field, on Flickr

For going to work/pub on
35853006410_7d68b33345_o.jpgFinally gave in and put a 1x10 drivetrain on the fixed gear 1980s Peugeot for tag along towing and commuting. Still the original chainset with added ultegra 6600 bits by Dan Field, on Flickr

Definitely, just needs a lick paint now, maybe with a bike theme.

Keeping on the Gravel Bike theme, and fresh from a clean after this mornings ride.

Was a test ride,on the wheels that I just built up, first set with asymmetric drilling, evens out the tension between sides better. (For the geeks, Hope RS4 CL Hubs , Kinlin XR22T rims laced with Sapim D-Light spokes). Not the lightest but built to last.

C303DFFE-C3A8-4CA4-81A4-F7486FE72097.jpeg

Really like that @Montecha I’ve been on the look out for a BSB or a RLT but I can’t spend on the van and bikes at the same time :(

Built this today, nothing too special but had the 531 steel frame powder coated. Bought off eBay for peanuts as it has a 60cm frame and both seat post and stem were seized. Took me two weeks of heat and wd40 to get the stem out. Whole job was below £50.
20180510_184014.jpg

Built this today, nothing too special but had the 531 steel frame powder coated. Bought off eBay for peanuts as it has a 60cm frame and both seat post and stem were seized. Took me two weeks of heat and wd40 to get the stem out. Whole job was below £50.
View attachment 22283

Fixed? :thumbsup:

Back