Show Us Your Road Bikes

Time pedals? By the look of it?
Too flat for Look's
They are Time racing pedals. I built it back in 1993, raced for 8 years before I retired it to become my Sunday best bike.

The quality of the Campag Record group set means I've only replaced chains. All the other components are original.

The black Synapse with mudguards will be out if there's even a chance of a puddle.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but seeing as I’m trying to get into the cycling world, I currently have a Scott aspect 950 mtb , and a bordman cx for to and from work.

The big question is do I go di2 or not on my new or nearly new bike, I have been ultra running for the past 7 years and now want to add something new to the mix. So I’m looking for my next bike.

I had di2 on a bike I hired in Majorca a few weeks ago. It was nice to use, but I don't think I would spend my own money on it. I've got a couple of bikes with Ultegra and that is so light and easy to use I don't see the need to 'upgrade'. In fact, the Caad13 that I've just had re-framed had 105, and that is just as good.

I'd spend the money on wheels instead.

I ride a Canondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra as a 'summer bike' and have decided that I'm going to upgrade it to Di2 at some point soon as I've used a similar but Di2 equipped bike and really liked it. That said, I'll probably have to wait until stocks of the bloody stuff starts to get back into stores again (and hopefully at a more reasonable price!). From that, it will be evident that I don't necessarily agree with @dubber36 - apart from anything else, I'm at the stage in life when needs and nice (or very nice) to have are all good enough reasons to buy something. I would compare it to the choice between a manual or auto gearbox in a car. They both do the job but, personally, I'd go for an auto every time (except in the case of my van and it's still kind of nags at me that I couldn't find the right one in auto when I was looking to buy so went for manual in the end!)

I'm not sure that you can use the manual / auto comparison. Di2 still needs to be changed manually, you just use buttons rather than levers, but I get what you mean

I suppose I'm not really into gadgets. My phone is about 5 years old, but it still makes calls and lets me look at the internet. It does the job I need it to do, just like my mechanical gears.

@Carl1974 Get whichever you prefer.

Unless you're racing and need that flexibility and cost as a weight-weenie, di2 isn't a benefit. It's a nice to have if you have the cash to blow.
Cables are easier to repair on the road too.

I've had Di2 on my Trek Madone 4.9 2013 and it has been faultless. Nice to have reassurance that it will change gear without a slip everytime. My battery is externally mounted and only needs charging about 1500 miles or more. Its a must have for me these days but I can understand its not for everybody.

The only road bike I’ve ever had was a Bianchi, absolutely loved it. The new bike is for dry or dry’ish commute days and a few hours out on my days off.
I applied for the cycle 2 work scheme but also to add extra to get a better bike, I’ll have to try and get a look at the 105 against di2.

395E995B-C5E8-4789-9DCD-5F9EE987B22A.jpeg

I bet half the bikes on here have a name lol, agree on steed mind!
One that always gets me is when people call the stem/bars the “cockpit”
I think I was about five when I ran into a car on my bike before my nether regions ever got near the stem/bars! And, however much I may brag to SWMBO, I don’t really believe it would reach now!! (That said, I’m still happy to offer her a crossbar home from the pub on her “ladies” bike!)

I think I was about five when I ran into a car on my bike before my nether regions ever got near the stem/bars! And, however much I may brag to SWMBO, I don’t really believe it would reach now!! (That said, I’m still happy to offer her a crossbar home from the pub on her “ladies” bike!)

Back