Show Us Your Old Pride And Joy Cars From Yesteryears

From this collection just missing my 1st car, the superb Austin Metro with the uprated 900cc non turbo na engine with full hairdryer power.
Starting top middle 2nd car Astra MK2, Astra MK3 limited edition Cesaro (only 2or 3million probably), then my run of E36BMW 3 series all 318i, saloon, 318is coupe (personally my fave my last 3 series in silver, lowerd, custom exhaust, M3 sunflower wheels, 5 series lip spoiler at the rear, clear lights front, side and rear), disco 3 was brill but typically Land Rover and died, BMW X5 then.......the best
Screenshot_20180812-180557__01.jpg

@Vdubcuz
Not had one.. but love the Defender.
Top pic looks a beast!
Did you go anywhere really crazy in it?

Ummm.. top pic at first glance, I thought you was stopped next to a pyramid!! :D

@Vdubcuz
Not had one.. but love the Defender.
Top pic looks a beast!
Did you go anywhere really crazy in it?

Ummm.. top pic at first glance, I thought you was stopped next to a pyramid!! :D

Hahaha!, yes I used them both regularly off road and have been to Tunisia and Morocco, as well as the Pyrenees and alps during the summer months.
Fab vehicles but sadly many routes locally have now been closed due to muppets with monster tyres wrecking the byways.
Just really go touring and camping these days so hopefully the new T6 will fit the bill perfectly!.

And wish I hadn't sold this a couple of years ago. Something tells me that those V8's will be sought after in years to come1653862_740497649295256_628591151_n.jpg

Last edited:
Best car I ever owned....poured waaaaay too much sweat into this, only to have a swiped away by some daft pillock

IMG_4045.jpeg

In better days. Admittedly it's not exactly that long ago, but it was epic and spanned quite a few years of my life

IMG_1057.jpeg

Last edited:
Posts moved over from the WHYDTYVT thread - Ads_Essex

Nothing to the van just running round getting bits and jobs to get the red rocket back on the road after mothballing it for other things for several years
OT - Is that a Robin Hood?

Petrol heads will be all but gone in a generation :(
I built this from scratch in 1991 from a cortina engine and front uprights that the scrap man plasma cut from cortina . It’s what I learnt to wire electrics on as it’s got a dolomite loom and instruments and the loom was about five times the length.

It was built well however I had a very tight budget as was only 21 at the time. Had a lot of guidance from a neighbour who was a retired mechanic.

I built this from scratch in 1991 from a cortina engine and front uprights that the scrap man plasma cut from cortina . It’s what I learnt to wire electrics on as it’s got a dolomite loom and instruments and the loom was about five times the length.

It was built well however I had a very tight budget as was only 21 at the time. Had a lot of guidance from a neighbour who was a retired mechanic.
Ah the Triumph Dolop’osh1te :slow rofl:

Back