Show Us Your Mountain Bikes :)

It’s enough for elite XC . No pottering there !

Much simpler requirements for MTB I suppose... :rolleyes:
Walk to the top of a hill then just push off. No need for gears! :eek:
At least that's what most of these "elite" MTB ers were doing at the park I went to. Apparently it was too hard to ride up, even with a42 on the back!
:slow rofl:

Hi,
Re the rattling being the rear hub I did query this with the supplying dealer asking if it could be changed and they said it was a characteristic of the shimano motor and couldn’t be altered.
Have they bullsh***ed me ?
It's unlikely to be the motor as once you're freewheeling the motor, chain and front sprocket are no longer rotating. I'm pretty sure it'll be the rear hub. I have DT Swiss pawl drive on my 'normal' mtb and that makes a very loud clicking when freewheeling. My emtb has the DT Swiss ratchet drive which is still fairly noisy compared to the Shimano XT hub I have on my retro Gary Fisher. Believe it or not, but that clicking noise is favoured by a lot of riders at the moment.

Lift up the rear wheel and rotate it forwards by hand - is that the noise you're noticing.

It's unlikely to be the motor as once you're freewheeling the motor, chain and front sprocket are no longer rotating. I'm pretty sure it'll be the rear hub. I have DT Swiss pawl drive on my 'normal' mtb and that makes a very loud clicking when freewheeling. My emtb has the DT Swiss ratchet drive which is still fairly noisy compared to the Shimano XT hub I have on my retro Gary Fisher. Believe it or not, but that clicking noise is favoured by a lot of riders at the moment.

Lift up the rear wheel and rotate it forwards by hand - is that the noise you're noticing.
You are correct the noise is from the rear hub not the motor as I thought!

January sales will dictate my 1x11 vs 2x11 choice, currently much cheaper to stick with 2x...

First time out yesterday on my electric Giant Anthem X. Really pleased with the build (thanks to my brother) and so much cheaper than an off the shelf ebike. Little bit more power as well! (Bafang 1000w mid drive);)

DSC_0163.JPG

First time out yesterday on my electric Giant Anthem X. Really pleased with the build (thanks to my brother) and so much cheaper than an off the shelf ebike. Little bit more power as well! (Bafang 1000w mid drive)
I've been running a kilowatt bike for 5 years now but the problem is that its illegal, when I built mine ebikes were few & far between and plod had no real knowledge of them. These days thats not the case and that means if you get nicked, its big time - riding a motorcycle without insurance, without tax, without an MOT, riding a motocycle without an approved helmet, riding an unregistered vehicle, riding with illegal tyres for a motorcycle, and more... penalties could affect your working life really badly. I think now, I'd go 250w and not be looking over my shoulder all the time :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I put it on "show us your mountain bikes" thread as I thought it might be of interest to people. I guess I should have pointed out that it is only for off road use and I don't use it on public roads (I have a 250w converted hybrid bike for road use). I don't think full suspension mountain bikes are particularly great for cycling along tarmac anyway, so it's used for what it's mostly designed for.

@Raven sorry I didn't mean it as a put-down, it looks a cracking build, I just meant be careful :thumbsup:

Have a great Christmas
Phil

I do like a patrol. “Fits” is an interesting concept!

Well I can get it in without the wheels off.. The Cube Ebike on the other hand does not.

Impressions on the Patrol is good so far.. Been on an ebike for the past 18 months so jumping back on a normal bike was interesting.

Back