Show Us Your Motorbikes

(Reposted due to a misunderstanding!)
Me & my two lads Dave (Stacky) & Roo used to be members of the Low Capacity Road Racing Club, running GP70's
on short circuits which was brilliant fun, we all had Jawas then upgraded to Contis which were superb and got us a few plastic trophies.
I kept a dyno printout somewhere showing 26bhp from a 70cc 2-stroke! Roo was once Brit GP70 champ, think it was 2007.
The lads are a real treat to watch, they've been riding and competing together for so many years they have a shared 6th sense and can freight-train as one, lap after lap after lap, inches apart... somehow elegant yet manic...

When the lads were young I was working 12/7/365 to make ends meet and I missed some of their early teens, and I'm so grateful that I've been able to make up for lost time and since then we've been inseparable, all bike mad
We've been TRF members too (Trail Riders Fellowship), we used to go out for a full day riding trails, maybe 100 miles, but trail riding is difficult these days:

Since then its been all track days (this is taken by my eldest lad Dave with a GoPro following me on the Storm @

The poor, long-suffering Storm, suitably bedecked... "my name is Phil, and I'm a trackaholic..."

Current roadie is a 'back to me yoof' Enfield Continental GT, just sold my Gixxer6 track bike to fund alloys for the campervan!

The Firestorm in the avatar and the video above, I've since passed on to Dave, he commutes every day on it. Between us we've done 40,000 on it.
Roo has a Trumpet Stripple, DIL has an SV650 & my dear late wife had a Piaggio scooter. She was a great pillion, you wouldnt know she was there.
We've always been a biking family. The lads are now racing Pitbikes in the televised Minibike series. I fancied it but no, I feel too old now and its too rough & tumble out there...

Cheers
Phil

Great post Phil. I enjoyed that, :thumbsup:

Here's my current bikes below.......

First is my Triumph Daytona 675 SE which is my Road Bike
IMG_9753.jpg

Next is my Honda C90 which I use for both Road Riding and Endurance Racing (Plop Enduro, Moped Mayhem e.t.c)
IMG_786153c6f.jpg
IMG_8712.jpg

Next is my Kawasaki ZX6R which is my Track Day Bike for a bit of fun
IMG_8174.jpg

Finally is my Honda CB500 Race Bike (Cal Crutchlow Replica-ish) that I race with Thundersport
IMG_7639.jpg
IMG_7678.jpg
31577036_1388409264593429_208899800458854400_o.jpg

You can probably tell I kind of like my bikes a lot :thumbsup:

^Nice collection.
I'd imagine that racing a CB500 basically comes down to not applying the brakes unless absolutely necessary and carrying every last fraction of corner speed.
Sounds great fun.

^Nice collection.
I'd imagine that racing a CB500 basically comes down to not applying the brakes unless absolutely necessary and carrying every last fraction of corner speed.
Sounds great fun.

Exactly that! There are normally a full grid of 40 of us in each race and the bikes are strictly standard, on the same tyres e.t.c therefore makes the racing very even and close

Every track day I did on the CB, people would blast past on the straights (its only 50bhp) and I’d be all over them and pass them in the corners until they came past again on the next straight. Hence me getting the ZX6 for some trackday fun....

Here's my current bikes below.......

First is my Triumph Daytona 675 SE which is my Road Bike
View attachment 23241

Next is my Honda C90 which I use for both Road Riding and Endurance Racing (Plop Enduro, Moped Mayhem e.t.c)
View attachment 23242
View attachment 23243

Next is my Kawasaki ZX6R which is my Track Day Bike for a bit of fun
View attachment 23244

Finally is my Honda CB500 Race Bike (Cal Crutchlow Replica-ish) that I race with Thundersport
View attachment 23245
View attachment 23246
View attachment 23247

You can probably tell I kind of like my bikes a lot :thumbsup:
Absolutely lovely collection. Those Triumph triples are lovely engines, I guess that is why they are going to be the stock supplied engine for Moto2 next year. I’d love to have a street triple, which is ultimately the Daytona, but naked.
Great number for the track there; RIP SIC.

Absolutely lovely collection. Those Triumph triples are lovely engines, I guess that is why they are going to be the stock supplied engine for Moto2 next year. I’d love to have a street triple, which is ultimately the Daytona, but naked.
Great number for the track there; RIP SIC.

Thanks very much :thumbsup:. You’re right about the Triumph engines, I watched a Triumph Triple Challenge race at the top of Clay Hill at Oulton Park and the sound of 25 of them with Arrow Exhaust systems had me hooked, I had to have one from then, especially the colour scheme I’ve got. It would be an amazing track bike but although it’s not the newest, it’s my absolute pride and joy, it’s only got 4,000 miles on and I just couldn’t bring myself to potentially bin it on track. I wouldn’t want to go on a trackday and hold back a bit because I was worried about anything happening to the bike under me, that’s why the ZX6 is mechanically sorted but not much of a looker, if it goes down then so be it

58 was my first choice number when I joined Thundersport for that very reason!

Every track day I did on the CB, people would blast past on the straights (its only 50bhp) and I’d be all over them and pass them in the corners until they came past again on the next straight. Hence me getting the ZX6 for some trackday fun....

LOL - you would probably be cursing people like me then.
I did a load of track days on my 2005 Z1000 and it was quick enough on the straight bits, but could be a bit bouncy on corners that were anything but perfect tarmac.

Back