Show Us Your Motorbikes

What cc are you allowed to ride?

It feels like the law changes every year on this, was thinking up to 125?

@Phantom . Would highly recommend doing a Bikesafe course.

BikeSafe

Try your local or neighbouring Constabulary to see if they run one. You'll probably be surprised at how it improves your observation skills and teaches you correct positioning on the road, now that your a quarter of the width of a T6. Helps with hazard perception and rider skills to keep you alive out there.

Remember, now that your a biker, every motorist now wants to kill you!

Thank you All! Great advice! Just about to pull the trigger on this ....................... :)

View attachment 30431

Nice. I have a RnineT Sport at the moment and it's a fun easy bike to ride. But the engine isn't great and the bike is a little too small for me. I work for BMW and get a company car and bike to I only have them 5 months before it's returned to a dealer to sell. I've ordered a 1200GS Advanture TE for collection in January. The 1250GS isn't available to us yet.

Nice. I have a RnineT Sport at the moment and it's a fun easy bike to ride. But the engine isn't great and the bike is a little too small for me. I work for BMW and get a company car and bike to I only have them 5 months before it's returned to a dealer to sell. I've ordered a 1200GS Advanture TE for collection in January. The 1250GS isn't available to us yet.
Thank you Littleblack flash, I'm 6ft but not ridden in yet! Did my CBT Sat morning by lunchtime then been on this (pic below) pretty much all weekend! Done some miles and quite scary not going lie! But going well and out again this afternoon! Theory booked tomorrow so getting on with it! Hopefully Mod 1 this week but need to get theory before I can book!
Not pulled the trigger yet on Rnine T (Dorchester) BMW) but was going to today as weekend went well, 67 plate 1k ex demo 11,999. Will obviously try and beat them up alittle!
Should I be considering a 1200GS instead? (need to google). Know nothing about bikes and no exact hurry just want one :)

IMG-20181020-WA0007.jpg

RnineT is a great first bike.

It's easy to ride and doesn't stall easily at junctions, which is where most bikes are dropped. The low down weight make it easy to ride in town and yet still powerful enough on the open road.
It doesn't have a balance shaft in the engine, so when you blip the throttle the bike wobbles side to side. A bit like a V8 in an american car. There isn't a screen so motorway riding isn't fun.
All round its a really nice first bike.

Don't go for the 1200GS like me. They are 250kg many find them to big to move about. Once on the road, they are an amazing bike which I'm planning to take all round the alps in the new year. I couldn't do a trip like that on a RnineT

Came off my last bike quite heavily back in 2007.
Was at Cadwell on an ACU day getting ready for the Manx. Unfortunately never did make it to the island.

Not quite a motorbike, but has a motorbike engine!
Been racing these about 5 years.
30A7895A-8400-4AAF-A43E-C35751B61DB9.png

Came off my last bike quite heavily back in 2007.
Was at Cadwell on an ACU day getting ready for the Manx. Unfortunately never did make it to the island.

Not quite a motorbike, but has a motorbike engine!
Been racing these about 5 years.
View attachment 31342

I would like to have a go, but racing them is crazy. I was on the marshall post at Combe when one crashed. The driver still isn't in a good way 2 years on.

Back