Show Us Your Motorbikes

I started my winter project today on my 76 Bonnie I drained the gearbox oil and fitted a new indent plunger with a ball bearing on the end to make gear
changes and finding neutral easier.
Next was to remove the rust from under my rear mudguard and to clean and lubricate the drive chain which had rusted even though I gave it a good chain lubing the last time I ran the bike in March 23 when it broke down with burnt out dual coil.
I wire brushed the rear mudguard and gave it a good coating of black waxoil, but I’ve decided to fit a new chain even though I cleaned and lubricated the old one, so I have that on order and can’t do any more until it arrives.
When I last used the bike I gave it a good wash and polish but the mudguards must have had road salt stuck beneath them, any way just got to give the old girl an oil and filter Change, fit the rear wheel and silencers back and she’ll be as good as new.

John.

View attachment 225873View attachment 225874
Virtually finished the Bonneville just got to clean the wheels and give the cast iron barrels a coat of cylinder black then she’s ready for a road test when the weather gets better and no more road salt.

John.

IMG_1427.jpeg

Wire wheels and that`s a trolley jack sat on the floor in front of the wheel. Its my better halfs Morgan 4/4. Confirming you are not a nerd, but are very observant.

Back