Show Us Your Driver Seat Leisure Setups [please]

Discussion in 'Electrics, Lighting, ICE, Security' started by OllieGBR, 1 Dec 2019 at 16:50.

1. OllieGBR

OllieGBR Member VIP Member T6 Pro

I have no idea how this lot is going to fit under the seat along with the biggest battery I can get my hands on
    Screenshot 2019-12-01 at 16.22.02.png

OK, so I only need the DC-DC and 240 breaker under there, picture for sheer pleasure of seeing all that wonderful Victron kit together:D

As I see it there needs to be a plate made up to strap the battery to, plus the mounting of the DC-DC and 240 circuit breaker that will need access to for resetting if required.

Screenshot 2019-12-01 at 16.22.19.png

So I'm looking for inspiration as to how you've managed this??

I'm also seriously considering purchasing a Lithium battery. I have a 75Amp/Hr [Lead] leisure battery kicking around that's probably 5 years old.
    A) It's not big enough for my needs, (I think, working this out later tonight)
    B) Lithium batteries are around 35% lighter and considerably smaller - so I can pack more power into a smaller space.

Questions;
    1 - Do I need a heat matt of some description for low temperature charging? (I've read this somewhere).
    2 - Is anyone else running Lithium - what are your experiences in the real world?
    3 - As I'm utilising the drivers space, I assume I can route my diesel heater air pipe anywhere in the cab? I've only seen them mounted under and behind the drivers side.

Thanks guys

2. Skyliner33

Skyliner33 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

I thought lithium batteries are smaller but when I went to alpha batteries the 100Ah lithium was exactly the same size as my 110Ah leisure battery, although considerably lighter.

3. Pete C

Pete C T30 102bhp converted to camper VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Where are you planning to bring your EHU and solar cables into the van ?
    As these came into the back of our van, we put the solar controller and mains circuit breaker in the back.

Pete

4. OllieGBR

You bought a Lithium battery from Alpha Batteries? Good experience?
    I've been looking at the sizes, I think your right - the size is about the same.
    Can Lithium be laid on its side like AGM?

5. Deaky

Deaky On yer bike VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Here’s a couple of mine, no 240 for me though

790900B0-EDAD-4469-AB01-68440A3D20C9.jpeg

7D568284-75E9-494B-ABC7-D5F6BD9A51DC.jpeg

BE4203F2-C6C3-4B21-9046-AA2ADEED4D16.jpeg

OllieGBR, Dellmassive and Lukavell like this.
  6. OllieGBR

7. Deaky

Deaky On yer bike VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Yes I did, it looks a lot better than the black metal.

8. Skyliner33

Skyliner33 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

No I went there to have a battery tested. Whilst there I was asking about Lithium.

When I dropped my battery off to test they lent me a brand new identical battery to us in its place even though I bought the battery elsewhere (which reminds me they haven't contacted me with the results on the test yet).
    I've no idea about that, however the 100Ah will fit under a seat stood up.

Now if I do upgrade my battery Alpha Batteries is the place I would buy from.

OllieGBR likes this.