Show us your 20’s

Inovit torque.
Front 8.5x20 ET35 245/45
Rear 10x20 ET40 275/40
All T32 rated and a great price.
Inovit do loads of great styles in 20 at 880 kg load, staggered or not.

Koni/H&R coilies about half way down. The ride is sublime!

IMG_2776.jpg

I'm enjoying this thread but I remain none the wiser as to the correct tyre size to go for.

I'm looking at some 20" ET40 9J wheels...

255/35/20 are perfect in terms of circumference vs. speedo etc but impossible to get correct load rated tyres unless you go with some total rotters
265/35/20 is only 1% error but the same load rating limitation applies
265/40/20 almost a 5% error but nobody seems to mention them
275/40/20 is what most people seem to go with but that's over a 5% speedo error and 275 is pretty wide for a 9J wheel
275/35/20 is only a 2% error but concerns remain over the 35% profile vs potholes etc although I'm told that's what VW fit to their 20x9 wheels despite the excess tyre width

Then you need to consider a standard speedo already undereads so the above errors might actually correct that. Plus tread wear from 8mm to 1.6mm...!

I'm probably gonna go with 275/35/20 but will go with some shitters first so I can experiment with tyre pressures and won't mind binning them off if the low profile is too uncomfortable. I can then upgrade to some decent tyres once I think I'm happy.

Speaking of tyre pressures...I see everything from 36 to 48psi. Will probably open that can of worms at a later date and accept it depends on your van. Mine will be a heavyish camper doing long motorway journeys so I guess slightly higher pressures for fuel economy may be better but happy to be corrected.

Feedback welcome as ever!

I'm enjoying this thread but I remain none the wiser as to the correct tyre size to go for.

I'm looking at some 20" ET40 9J wheels...

255/35/20 are perfect in terms of circumference vs. speedo etc but impossible to get correct load rated tyres unless you go with some total rotters
265/35/20 is only 1% error but the same load rating limitation applies
265/40/20 almost a 5% error but nobody seems to mention them
275/40/20 is what most people seem to go with but that's over a 5% speedo error and 275 is pretty wide for a 9J wheel
275/35/20 is only a 2% error but concerns remain over the 35% profile vs potholes etc although I'm told that's what VW fit to their 20x9 wheels despite the excess tyre width

Then you need to consider a standard speedo already undereads so the above errors might actually correct that. Plus tread wear from 8mm to 1.6mm...!

I'm probably gonna go with 275/35/20 but will go with some shitters first so I can experiment with tyre pressures and won't mind binning them off if the low profile is too uncomfortable. I can then upgrade to some decent tyres once I think I'm happy.

Speaking of tyre pressures...I see everything from 36 to 48psi. Will probably open that can of worms at a later date and accept it depends on your van. Mine will be a heavyish camper doing long motorway journeys so I guess slightly higher pressures for fuel economy may be better but happy to be corrected.

Feedback welcome as ever!
I have 275/35 20s. Using the Waze speedo v’s the speedo reading, mine is smack on. I carry some weight, and am currently at 38psi. Today I’ve had adjustable springs fitted, so I’m sitting nice and level. I got cheapo tyres, so am going to experiment with some pressure changes, and check the wear. The van handles so much better now, I realise the the new weak link is the tyres, so not fussed about mashing them, and fitting decent ones

I have 275/35 20s. Using the Waze speedo v’s the speedo reading, mine is smack on. I carry some weight, and am currently at 38psi. Today I’ve had adjustable springs fitted, so I’m sitting nice and level. I got cheapo tyres, so am going to experiment with some pressure changes, and check the wear. The van handles so much better now, I realise the the new weak link is the tyres, so not fussed about mashing them, and fitting decent ones
Definitely getting the warm and fuzzy about 275/35s...cheers. I'll be lowering on coilovers so will make sure I get it right. Thanks for the feedback!

Going to give the 20 T6 sportline style a

View attachment 91678

How you finding the 20" reps and where from? If i can't find the right 18" sportlines been thinking of trying some 5.1 reps in 20".
The finish on them ok? Load ratings seem good on them.

Most I've seen are direct fit too, ie. OEM bolts and correct 65.1 cb, which is impressive for the money. Some supposedly 'designed for transporter' 20's that big companies sell still need spigots and aftermarket bolts.

How you finding the 20" reps and where from? If i can't find the right 18" sportlines been thinking of trying some 5.1 reps in 20".
The finish on them ok? Load ratings seem good on them.

Most I've seen are direct fit too, ie. OEM bolts and correct 65.1 cb, which is impressive for the money. Some supposedly 'designed for transporter' 20's that big companies sell still need spigots and aftermarket bolts.
Still haven't got them yet in not 100% on the design of them

Are they Trapezoid side bars @Jayjmac? Can I ask where you got them matey?

Back