Show us your 20’s

Yes I did only ask for 20” load rating. Bloody frustrating trying to get clear info on ratings.
I’ll check when I can and let you know what’s stamped on them. Maybe later if it stops raining long enough!

Thoughts please

Those wheels are only load rated for T28, so as long as you aren’t T30 or T32 they’ll be fine. Also, I don’t like 275/40 tyres, they’re too big really. That size tyre will make your speedo under read and you’ll be speeding without knowing it.

Those wheels are only load rated for T28, so as long as you aren’t T30 or T32 they’ll be fine. Also, I don’t like 275/40 tyres, they’re too big really. That size tyre will make your speedo under read and you’ll be speeding without knowing it.
Ffs the only wheels I really liked, tyre size can be changed but I have a T30. The search goes on

Ffs the only wheels I really liked, tyre size can be changed but I have a T30. The search goes on
Actually, hold on, I may have that wrong, you might be OK for T30. Look under your bonnet, left hand side back towards the windscreen. You'll find a label with your axle weights, it'll have 4 numbers on. Top is total laden weight, next is front axle weight, next is rear axle weight, bottom is maximum train weight. You need to check 2 and 3, if they are each less than 1630kg you will be OK.

Is it just me ?

Looking for 20" is not easy.

The search for new rims for a T is not always easy.

Always something that does not meet, not completing the picture in your mind. Like :

- Price isn't 'right' (too high :whistle:)
- ET value not good
- load index too low
- not available in the color you like

I would like to stick to 20" because 21" really does give a significant loss of comfort (e.g with a lowered T on B14 and powerflex/H&R arb's) and is a difficult size to find a tyre that meets all the requirements.

Are you making or did you (too) make a decision at a given moment by doing a concession to yourself.......selecting a rim that is absolutely not your first or second choice?

Is it just me ?

Always something that does not meet, not completing the picture in your mind. Like :

- ET value not good
- load index too low

I would like to stick to 20" because 21" really does give a significant loss of comfort (e.g with a lowered T on B14 and powerflex/H&R arb's) and is a difficult size to find a tyre that meets all the requirements.

Are you making or did you (too) make a decision at a given moment by doing a concession to yourself.......selecting a rim that is absolutely not your first or second choice?

Been looking for ages, then find some I love and oh the load rate is to low. Its getting annoying now I've been looking for so long

Is it just me ?

- ET value not good
- load index too low

Completely sums up my journey to find some. I have now settled on some which were reasonably priced, story is here Land Rover Discovery alloys on a T28, although I haven't completely solved the centre caps problem yet.

Back