Just been pricing up the Avons, how do you rate them?
They aren’t bad, i liked the Goodyear all seasons better which I had on before. They were a bit quieter and lasted longer. I got 22000 out of the Goodyears and I’ve only done 5000 on these and they are looking quite worn. Quite a price difference though and the Goodyear are not easy to find in 104’s

I had Avons. 255-45-19. They were pretty good in terms of grip and comfort, but the fronts were done in 10k miles and the rears in 20k.

I don’t think that’s a load rated tyre for
I've finally bitten the bullet and decided to drop from 20's down to 19's.
Wheels should be here Friday ET40, 8.5J, just trying to work out the best tyre option, been looking at 255/40/19, but tempted to go to 45 as a bit of extra protection from the ninja kerbs that seem to jump out at me, the van is currently dropped by approx. 70mm front, 40mm rear.
Will the 40's look lost?
Current set up below (255/45/20), and the wheels will be up for sale soon. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

View attachment 204382
Cuffy 255/40/19 won't be load rated for a t32 or t30, you're best to go with 255/45/19

I'm running 19's and I have found that sweet spot after great expense.

The secret recipe:

30m Drop
19x8.5 ET45 all round.
Running 104 rated 255/45/19

Giving this as a look if it suits you.

View attachment 16846

The van never bottoms out, and it never rubs or catches.
I have gone across a field with no issues.
It's planted at speeds, yet very comfortable.
Laymen's terms it's 2 fingers between the tyre and arch at the front, and 3 at the back, giving tolerance for any extra weight in the rear if needed.
(oh and I don't have huge sausage fingers)
I'm 5 years late but I've had an almost identical setup fitted (40mm drop instead) and couldn't be happier!

My 19’s although rare are a perfect fit for my van which is on air.

Tyres wise I run 235/35/19’s and yes I know they are not rated for my van however you speak with anyone who has a low van and this is the tyre size of choice when running 19’s.

Hope this helps someone.

IMG_8563.png

IMG_8558.jpeg

My 19’s although rare are a perfect fit for my van which is on air.

Tyres wise I run 235/35/19’s and yes I know they are not rated for my van however you speak with anyone who has a low van and this is the tyre size of choice when running 19’s.

Hope this helps someone.

View attachment 218687

View attachment 218688
Yeah, it helps with my van-envy. :giggle:

I'm running 19's and I have found that sweet spot after great expense.

The secret recipe:

30m Drop
19x8.5 ET45 all round.
Running 104 rated 255/45/19

Laymen's terms it's 2 fingers between the tyre and arch at the front, and 3 at the back, giving tolerance for any extra weight in the rear if needed.
@Tourershine, this is really useful since i’m just trying to work out my whole suspension. I think I’m maybe dropped too much (due to weight?).
Your finger measurements are useful but do you know - or could you measure - a more accurate drop? Wheel centre to top of arch. Just trying to get an accurate measurement of what 30mm drop is!

PS (edit) and I measured mine using your finger metric and both mine are 3 fingers...
...and yet I'm being told that, based on a wheel centre to arch measurement, that I am dropped *70mm*.
(NB I don't think it can be my wheels & tyres since mine are not small: 275/35/R20s)

So that isn't squaring with your measurement of being dropped 30mm but having 2 or 3 fingers???
Hence my desire @Tourershine to know your more accurate measurement!!

Last edited:
Back