Should I revert my Kombi-Caravelle conversion to standard in order to sell?

Steve Willo

T6 Pro
Hi all,

In a bit of a quandary!

Own a 2019 150 Highline, decided I wanted to convert into a caravelle so had leather seats, rails, panels etc installed.

Now I want to sell but not to everyone’s taste and still needs a bit of cosmetic finishing.

Considering taking selling the interior and reverting back to a Kombi to sell!?!

Do I go down that road or persevere will the sale as is…? Would anyone like to give me a realistic price I should be selling for?

Thanks in advance folks!

It looks great, and the caravelle set up is huge upgrade from the standard kombi so I don't see why it shouldn't sell as it is.

32k, remainder of warrantee, 150 6 speed, ac etc, I was thinking £36k, is this realistic?
I’m really useless at this sort of thing….my gut feeling is that you should accept nothing less than £36k, tbh. Have a look at dealers, auto trader etc and see what comparators are going for.

Your van is very sought after and I’d be surprised if you have difficulty selling. The remainder of warranty is a big bonus!!!

Good luck with it

Just sold my T28 T6.1 2021 Highline PV converted to Caravelle interior, wheels, full windows and Vanshades blinds. 7 seater. It is a smaller market, but sold mine via Autotrader. It sold for £39k. As yours is the 150, would have thought @JOG is right at about £36k.

Hope this helps.

I’m really useless at this sort of thing….my gut feeling is that you should accept nothing less than £36k, tbh. Have a look at dealers, auto trader etc and see what comparators are going for.

Your van is very sought after and I’d be surprised if you have difficulty selling. The remainder of warranty is a big bonus!!!

Good luck with it
Thanks JOG

Just sold my T28 T6.1 2021 Highline PV converted to Caravelle interior, wheels, full windows and Vanshades blinds. 7 seater. It is a smaller market, but sold mine via Autotrader. It sold for £39k. As yours is the 150, would have thought @JOG is right at about £36k.

Hope this helps.
Big help, thanks Dean

Hope this helps.
Jeez @BigDean you flatter me! I am utterly useless at this sort of thing, though I still think “not a penny less than £36k!!!”

The WBAC current valuation of my 19 Velle Exec with 32k miles is £38,200. Given that the Velles are retailing for around £45,000, I'd say £36-37,000 was the ball park for your Kombi as it is.

There are plenty of people out there who would prefer it over a standard Kombi, so you'll have no trouble finding it a new owner.

The WBAC current valuation of my 19 Velle Exec with 32k miles is £38,200. Given that the Velles are retailing for around £45,000, I'd say £36-37,000 was the ball park for your Kombi as it is.

There are plenty of people out there who would prefer it over a standard Kombi, so you'll have no trouble finding it a new owner.
Cheers dubber

The only other thing that came to mind was the partial conversion may narrow down the market. Albeit you have done most of the big expensive jobs in the conversion, people would need to finish the upper C pillar trim and roof (maybe done but could see) and tailgate to finish off the velle conversion. Of course thats subjective, and I think for many people on this forum some modding or further work wouldn't be an issue but it could be for the general market.

I appreciate that it would incur further cost which is counter intuitive if your trying to sell but might be some food for thought. Especially considering you have most of the big ticket items already.

Best of luck :thumbsup:

Back