Shopping For Alloys (not Asking For Opinions On Design ;))

paradigm

T6 Pro
Alloy shopping help please 1f642.png:)

With Vanslams wound right down on my Bamboo T6 Kombi am I going to have issues with either of the following:

255/45R18 all round or

255/40R19 front and 275/40R19 rear

I'm decided on brand and model for both options, just want to ensure I'll get a good look and no scrubbing (hence not looking at 20's)

19s

main.jpg

18s
1.jpg

Your top choice wheel the rv135, is only rated to 690kg I think, because I looked at them when I was after wheels. It's a nightmare choosing, what rating is you van ?

Welcome to the world of wheels;)

Ah bugger, thanks. They came up as an option after selecting T6 T30 so must be a bug in the LK Performance site.

I'm looking at Rimstyle and LK Performance, did you come across any other decent (with tyres) sites on your search?

The problem is that a lot of wheels will fit but they are just not load rated
Websites say they will fit because of the PCD stud pattern, but unfortunately fail to mention the load rating.
I was after bronze like you, and in the end I brought 2 sets of banded steels in bronze in different sizes ( but that's a whole new topic:rolleyes:).
Personally theres nothing wrong with the companys you are using you just have to do so much searching. At least with a T30 you have more choice than a T32

Good luck

True, I've looked at banded a lot but decided against it.
Just spoke to LK and they've confirmed the Diewe Trina 19x8.5 (5x120) have the correct load rating for my T30, although the 18s might not at 800kg

they look nice but are they the chinese wheels with fake load rating
also are they upside down rims ?

well the ones I've seen wer just stamped on with like a punch set
not seen online but when I've looked at them personally they dont look right
i always buy genuine VW
sorry about your chips !

if upside down rims the tyre has to be fitted with the face down (scary)

well the ones I've seen wer just stamped on with like a punch set
not seen online but when I've looked at them personally they dont look right
i always buy genuine VW
sorry about your chips !

if upside down rims the tyre has to be fitted with the face down (scary)

Fair enough. I have written confirmation from Rimstyle that they are suitable for T30 so if it turns out they are not I have some comeback

Back