Sheltapods?

mackmaya

Hi all, anybody have any experience with sheltapods? I'm in the market for a driveway awning and just seen these, we looking at s vango cove low, but these look very handy and are well,priced...cheers .

Yep I've got one. I like it. We don't sleep in it, more as an extra place to sit if needing cover, or as storage for bikes and other stuff if we take the van out for the day. The whole thing packs up nice and small when done.

2 minor drawbacks -
Privacy sides - these came in the bundle when I got mine. I wouldn't say they add much more than about a foot of privacy.
The awning could be wider - as the sides a open when it rains there's not much dry area left by the sliding door of the van. So you need to be careful to bring shoes in or put them closer to the door of the tent element.

Other than that its well made, and their customer service is good.

Hope that helps.

I've been using a shelta pod for over a year now and will be honest with this review

Positive's first
It's light
It's easy to put up we always put the poles in first then connect to the van
With the large canopy you get good vision out the van
The canopy is high enough you can easily walk under it
It can take a lot of punishment wind wise
The privacy panels are good if it's windy and you cook out side
You can use it with or with out the front zip up bit
You can sit outside and the canopy is large enough to give shade or shelter in light rain

Negatives

Canopy leaks where it attaches to the van through the Velcro attachment loops I unpicked the stitching and removed them problem resolved
when it rains canopy needs one leg dropping or it will fill up with water
I would not sleep in it if it was raining rain would get in through the gaps in front zip up door bit as it is removable and connected with elastic and toggles
even if you only store stuff in it rain does get in if it's in the right direction
saying this it needs to be driving rain to get in

Would I buy another one YES but we only use it for storage deck chairs tables and cooking stuff
I think the size of it packed up in the bag and the canopy to cook under are the biggest bonus's
In truth the positives out weigh the negatives.
20180925_090339.jpg

If you really want to sleep in it you can get the sleeping pod option that attaches inside, this over comes the gaps around the front/bottom that @Bargy62 mentioned.

I've been using a shelta pod for over a year now and will be honest with this review

Positive's first
It's light
It's easy to put up we always put the poles in first then connect to the van
With the large canopy you get good vision out the van
The canopy is high enough you can easily walk under it
It can take a lot of punishment wind wise
The privacy panels are good if it's windy and you cook out side
You can use it with or with out the front zip up bit
You can sit outside and the canopy is large enough to give shade or shelter in light rain

Negatives

Canopy leaks where it attaches to the van through the Velcro attachment loops I unpicked the stitching and removed them problem resolved
when it rains canopy needs one leg dropping or it will fill up with water
I would not sleep in it if it was raining rain would get in through the gaps in front zip up door bit as it is removable and connected with elastic and toggles
even if you only store stuff in it rain does get in if it's in the right direction
saying this it needs to be driving rain to get in

Would I buy another one YES but we only use it for storage deck chairs tables and cooking stuff
I think the size of it packed up in the bag and the canopy to cook under are the biggest bonus's
In truth the positives out weigh the negatives.
View attachment 49675
Hi, great review and agree with your comments having used the sheltapod for a couple of months through rain wind and shine! We suffered from sliding movement off the figure of 8 and added a line at either end to fix bit makes the door fully open a bit tight but is a bodge. Do you know of a more permanent fix? Thanks

Hi, great review and agree with your comments having used the sheltapod for a couple of months through rain wind and shine! We suffered from sliding movement off the figure of 8 and added a line at either end to fix bit makes the door fully open a bit tight but is a bodge. Do you know of a more permanent fix? Thanks
We suffered that problem
We use the webbing straps with the clips as there's the other half of the clip either end of the kador strip on the canopy their the straps for going over the roof they just go out 90° to the canopy and stop it sliding back and forth they don't interfere with the sliding door but do with the passenger door that's why the clips handy easy to refix when you need it

We suffered that problem
We use the webbing straps with the clips as there's the other half of the clip either end of the kador strip on the canopy their the straps for going over the roof they just go out 90° to the canopy and stop it sliding back and forth they don't interfere with the sliding door but do with the passenger door that's why the clips handy easy to refix when you need it
Hi thanks for that. I've used the clips too if I've read your reply correctly and have attached the rear to trees horizontally so the sliding door doesn't catch on the material. We don't use the passenger door as we keep the rainbow screen on.if you could send a picture that would really help! Many thanks for the speedy reply.

For sleeping in or using as a bedroom, the Vango Faros Low is similar money to a sheltapod.

20190420_141218.jpg

Thanks diesel but we've already purchased the sheltapod and does the job with the good small packing which fits in the boot.

Hi thanks for that. I've used the clips too if I've read your reply correctly and have attached the rear to trees horizontally so the sliding door doesn't catch on the material. We don't use the passenger door as we keep the rainbow screen on.if you could send a picture that would really help! Many thanks for the speedy reply.
No not to a tree
It's just fixed like a guy line would be
I don't find it impedes the sliding door
Although mine attaches to fiamma awning so it may bring it away from the van just enough to clear the door I'll check later

We have one for sale, only used three times. Whilst we like it we much prefer our glawning. Looking for around £200

Back