Shallow Rear Speakers 6 / 6.5 inch

racT6bus

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Can anyone recommend a decent 6 or 6:5 inch speaker that has a pretty shallow install depth and has reasonable bass for the rear of my T6?

They need to be shallow as they will be mounted in the last rear upper panels on both sides of the van, I have no space to fit them anywhere else. I’d imagine whatever option will required some kind of mount but I want them to be as close to the wall as possible so they’re not in the way.

Hi, I'm looking to do the same in the headliner, has anybody offered and advice on this please.

The panels are 6mm thick so the speakers screw straight in. 45mm ish deep

We 3D print all our mounts for the rear panels so you can get a decent speaker and magnet in there.

After a lot of research I managed to find some Focal (ACX 165 S) 6.5 speakers that are shallow fit, so we only needed a small mount to fit them into the wall. I've not fully tested them out yet to see how much sound has been compromised to get them only 4.8cm deep - but will update when I have!

focal2.jpg

After a lot of research I managed to find some Focal (ACX 165 S) 6.5 speakers that are shallow fit, so we only needed a small mount to fit them into the wall. I've not fully tested them out yet to see how much sound has been compromised to get them only 4.8cm deep - but will update when I have!

View attachment 176297
How did you get on with these speakers? I am looking for some shallow ones for a rear cupboard fitting.

How did you get on with these speakers? I am looking for some shallow ones for a rear cupboard fitting.
They're great, a quality sound (not tinny) for mid-range in the rear and fill the space nicely. As you'd expect there isn't much bass response, but I have an under seat sub and the Alpine 20cm speaker set up for the front speakers. It's running off an aftermarket head unit with more power than OEM so it gives a decent balance IMO.

They're great, a quality sound (not tinny) for mid-range in the rear and fill the space nicely. As you'd expect there isn't much bass response, but I have an under seat sub and the Alpine 20cm speaker set up for the front speakers. It's running off an aftermarket head unit with more power than OEM so it gives a decent balance IMO.
@racT6bus where did you route the cabling from the head unit?
Presume best route maybe under the front floor and up the b post? Along the headlining but where after that?
Cheers

Back