Sewable Keder rail track?

Andysmee

Previously the last of the TSI's
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I'm going to make my own vehicle connector for the Quest Screenhouse 6 Pro whilst Quest dilly-dally on it. I don't want to have the faff of a figure of eight strip when I can build on a Keder rail track directly onto the awning side but I can't find a UK source for sewable Keder rail track, like Sailrite in the US. Any ideas?

Sorry but are you saying that you want to connect the screen house to the side of your van?

Sorry but are you saying that you want to connect the screen house to the side of your van?
Yes, we use it as our awning. There's a vehicle connector for the 4 Pro, but not the 6 Pro (and we know the one for the 4 isn't universal as we had it delivered and sent it back).

This is the plan: PXL_20210906_114713989.jpg

Ok so I'm confused? We have the screen house 4. If it was connected to the van how would you get out as there are no doors?

No, Quest did finally confirm the new vehicle connector fits the six but we still had to modify one zip to make it connect. Fed up with sending stuff back to them.

Need a kador strip and figure of 8 now.

Will post pics when we test it

I bought some of this last year, made some clear plastic rain windows/sides for my awning.
Sewed it to some clear plastic I got from Dunelm.

I bought some of this last year, made some clear plastic rain windows/sides for my awning.
Sewed it to some clear plastic I got from Dunelm.
Yeah, it's the other side of the pairing that I couldn't find, the c-channel to sew on

Ah, I don't think I've seen a sewable channel, usually a back to back strip O-O or )-(

We bought a Quest 6 pro plus the tunnel connector in January this year we will be trying it out for the first time at Bala this Friday.
Fingers crossed as it all fits together to my awning rail.

John.

We bought a Quest 6 pro plus the tunnel connector in January this year we will be trying it out for the first time at Bala this Friday.
Fingers crossed as it all fits together to my awning rail.

John.
Try it first! We found that both ends of the zip for the 6 had no insert pin, so I moved an insert pin from the 4 zip and sewed it onto the 6 zip. I hope you were luckier

PXL_20220420_162921396.jpgPXL_20220420_163039366.jpg

Try it first! We found that both ends of the zip for the 6 had no insert pin, so I moved an insert pin from the 4 zip and sewed it onto the 6 zip. I hope you were luckier

View attachment 154746View attachment 154747

The zipper was very difficult to get started where we added the insert pin, but it worked
View attachment 158696View attachment 158697View attachment 158698

@Andysmee I couldn’t use our tunnel at Bala as our Reimo awning rail was 8mm and 6mm on the tunnel, so I managed to get a length of 8 mm and a length of 6 mm kador strip and my mates wife as sown it together for us and I will try to connect the tunnel in a few days at the Retro Fest at Newark.

John

@Andysmee I couldn’t use our tunnel at Bala as our Reimo awning rail was 8mm and 6mm on the tunnel, so I managed to get a length of 8 mm and a length of 6 mm kador strip and my mates wife as sown it together for us and I will try to connect the tunnel in a few days at the Retro Fest at Newark.

John
Try connecting they tunnel to the awning, that was the problem for us. It does, at least, fit in the original awning bag with tunnel connected

Back