Service time: which NW dealer?

fezza68

Seize the day.
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Its time for my first service and was wondering where to take it. My options are preston vw centre or wrexham vw centre. Manchester is not an option due to the woeful treatment i got on a past warranty job!. Wondered what you guys recommend?.

Has to be a main dealer? I've heard good reports about Liverpool on here.

Has to be a main dealer? I've heard good reports about Liverpool on here.
+2 Liverpool van centre.. I’ve used them twice ...it’s a one stop shop unlike dreaded Manscratcher ( Manchester ) but still won’t let them wash me van though

Its time for my first service and was wondering where to take it. My options are preston vw centre or wrexham vw centre. Manchester is not an option due to the woeful treatment i got on a past warranty job!. Wondered what you guys recommend?.
Can let you know about Preston mines in on Monday for a service, like you I wouldn’t go to Manchester if it was the last garage on earth.

Yes has to be a main stealer. Anymore info on liverpool would be appreciated.

I literally just logged in to ask a very similar question about the other side of the pennies. Can I be cheeky and jump in on this thread rather than creating a new one? I've still got 2 services in a service plan, but have had a couple of poor experiences at JCT600 Van Centre Sheffield... wondered if anyone had any suggestions for best place to take the van for a service? Happy to make a bit of a trip, but ideally within an hour of Sheffield if possible. (Equally - if people have had positive experiences of Sheffield - please do reassure me!) Needs to be main dealer for the service plan reasons...

I’ve been to Sheffield for warranty work and found it much better than Leeds where I went for a service and swore I would never return. I am planning on going back to Sheffield for the next service and then will be using a local independent when the warranty expires.

We buy lots of vans from Liverpool and their service is 100% so I can only recommend them. Sorry can’t comment on Preston.

Is there anything i should be specifically asking for?. Its the 20k service and there is no issues with the van other than the common issue with the dsg box,ie the hesitant take off in first gear.

Is there anything i should be specifically asking for?. Its the 20k service and there is no issues with the van other than the common issue with the dsg box,ie the hesitant take off in first gear.

Hi @fezza68 ... I tend to drive mine far to fast ( 204 dsg 18k ) but noticed like you a hesitation more recently than what I was used to ( if that makes sense) so if you do find any answers... also I keep checking the EGR pipe that some have had split...
OCD paranoias or what.........Many thanks :eek:

hey @fezza68
used Preston twice - for the dreaded leaky Kombi windows - and only have positive things to say.
first time, it was under warrenty, they looked at it, got approval from VW for a replacement unit and had it back to me in 3/4 days i think.
obviously that didn't solve the problem so they took at back in about 9/10 months later (by which time it was out of warranty) decided it only needed cleaning which they did for no charge in 2/3 days.

Been to Liverpool (Speke) VW garage for minor things very satisfied of the service I raccomand it if you can travel to them
Been to Liverpool (Speke) VW garage for minor things very satisfied of the service I raccomand it if you can travel to them
They only deal with transporter vans and sell new and used van. camper including the new campers, California, Beach etc, and do a professional job for services

I took mine to Preston last week for an interim service, there were no problems with the van so it was just the service. I was very happy with the way I was dealt with, the Service Adviser Keith McClean was more than willing to spend time answering questions. Plenty of Calis and other well looked after vans being worked on.

Back