Service History

johnnyboy811

Hi everyone, does anyone know where you find the service history of a vehicle online? I tried the "My VW" App but that only caters for cars not commercials.

I brought a 2nd hand van, T30 LWB Highline with 36K on a 16 plate in July 2019. It came with a service book but since 2017 VW Citigate use the digital recording. This is ok except what if you want to sell the vehicle and want to prove to prospective buyers that the van has been serviced or had warranty work done etc.

Anyone else had this problem? I understand VW do not issue service books anymore so how do new owners get this info when needed?

Also my extended warranty is coming to an end. I've had the AUX belt kit and Cam belt kit done under the warranty due to squeaking tensioners so it has proved useful, however I got a quote to extend the warranty and the cost was over £1,000 for a year. What warranty have other gone for? Genuine VW warranty or other companies like warrantywise etc.

Thanks in advance for any help with these issues, loving the van so far.

Cheers, John

Hi, I’ve been trying to get the info but their system is always down or they seem quite defensive about giving it out. The van has been in twice now under warranty and I’ve managed to get them to stamp the service book where the space for non service work is recorded, but I had to ask them to do this as I luckily checked the books before leaving otherwise even that would not have been done. I’m surprised there is not an owners portal where we could sign in and see our vans history, after all if VW have the info on a pc why can’t we just log in to see it or print it off? It makes no sense.

Hi all, just a quick one… in order to access your vans history over the counter at a service centre does it have to be a VW commercials specific centre (over an hour away) or will any VW car dealer service centre (15 minutes away) be able to access the same system information?
Cheers!

Hi all, just a quick one… in order to access your vans history over the counter at a service centre does it have to be a VW commercials specific centre (over an hour away) or will any VW car dealer service centre (15 minutes away) be able to access the same system information?
Cheers!
I booked my van in at my local indi garage and he logged in to my VW service history on his computer. So that might be an option.

I tried that. The guy at the indi had access to erWin service portal that VW use. He could find my van, which he said is unusual as a start because VW tend not to bother uploading commercial records on to that portal but there was no service record for the van ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I guess I’ll just have to try and speak to someone at VW?

I tried that. The guy at the indi had access to erWin service portal that VW use. He could find my van, which he said is unusual as a start because VW tend not to bother uploading commercial records on to that portal but there was no service record for the van ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I guess I’ll just have to try and speak to someone at VW?
How old is your vehicle and how many miles has it done?

17 plate with 80k miles on it. When I bought it I was given what looked like a printout of the service history from VW as it was sold with “full service history” but I wanted to verify what exactly it’s had done as the document just says:
Oil change service @ 19517 miles
Interval service @ 41057 miles
Oil change service @ 58868 miles
Major service @ 76565 miles
Cam belt/ water pump replacement @ 76565 miles.
The main things I want to know are a) have these actually been carried out by VW and b) has the DSG been serviced at all as there’s no mention of it in the service history?

When I booked my 2016 van in for its first service since I’ve owned it, which was late last year, the VW person who booked me in over the phone went through everything that needed doing - she had access to every service detail, way beyond what was in my service record book. Perhaps pay for a service and go through it on the phone with them during booking. In my experience, the person was only too helpful.

I recently noticed that the first service carried out on my van did not appear on the 'service history printout' that VW Swindon gave me after they serviced it last August. They did stamp the paper service book (I'm an old fashioned kind of a guy!) and I obviously have the detailed receipt but I'm now wondering whether it's possible to make a retrospective entry on the system. TBH. it's not the end of the world if they can't as I've got the evidence if I need it.

That's what's annoying about this situation is that there is no service book (all the records remain online with VW), as was the case with my golf that had a full dealer service history. I wonder if I can request a service book from them and then, like you say fill it all in retrospectively?
We'll see what Monday mornings phone call brings!

That's what's annoying about this situation is that there is no service book (all the records remain online with VW), as was the case with my golf that had a full dealer service history. I wonder if I can request a service book from them and then, like you say fill it all in retrospectively?
When I used to work for vw cars, it used to be that you purchased a service book and then have to post it off to each dealer in order of the services done and logged on the database. otherwise you should be able to take in your v5 in to any vw commercial dealer, and they should be able to print off whats been logged on the database. Things may have changed in the past couple of years though.

Hi, what was the outcome off the phone call if you don’t mind me asking?

Back