Service history gap

Carlwaynie

T6 Pro
Hi all, new to the forum and already looking for some advance with a T6 that I’m looking at buying end of the week.
Been asking the dealer for the service history on the van and he has finally sent me through what they have , now to me there looks as if some is missing as there is almost a three year gap, can anyone out there shed any light on the matter before I fully commit

16FDDCA9-B428-45F6-9507-EB690F94739F.jpeg

Probably a mixture of covid, and not being bothered to book it in.
Either that, or it has been serviced by a non franchise garage that doesn't have access to the online system.

Id be more bothered about the fact it looks like it hasn't had a brake fluid change or any filters changed on the way to 47000 miles + 5 years old.

I wouldn’t be bothered about the brake fluid change. You can get that done for £60 and leaving it so long is not detrimental to the vehicle.
But there is a service missing.
Problem you have is that VW won’t pass on the details of the previous owner for you to check if they have the missing history.
I’d ask VW to contact the previous keeper and find out what’s happened between 19k and 47k

Bigsidavies, this is something that the dealer has done but the previous owner is not returning their calls, I find it strange that someone would not have a service done that could potentially void the warranty on the vehicle or jeopardize the contract hire it was maybe bought on

Yeah, it does seem strange. But 30k between oil changes is a lot of miles if it wasn’t done.
However, you’ll get a 12 month VW warranty and at the end of that you can go on the all in plan.
I’d get it in writing from VW that the missing bit of history won’t void any future warranty.

Warranty on the van is 6 months… then I was thinking of coughing up for the extended warranty for 1-3 years @£499/£699/£899.
maybe thats why its only 6 months ( missing service )

Would think it’s had a service done elsewhere after the 3 years warranty was up. Personally I won’t wait 19000 miles for the first service.

That would be the flexible/longlife service @ 18000 miles or 24 months… granted 1000 miles over but within the 24 months

I wouldn’t be bothered about the brake fluid change. You can get that done for £60 and leaving it so long is not detrimental to the vehicle.
But there is a service missing.
Problem you have is that VW won’t pass on the details of the previous owner for you to check if they have the missing history.
I’d ask VW to contact the previous keeper and find out what’s happened between 19k and 47k
Think you missed my point with the ‘not being bothered’ more that if they haven’t had it serviced on time, and hadn’t kept up to date with service items.. then how well has it been looked after in reality.

Think you missed my point with the ‘not being bothered’ more that if they haven’t had it serviced on time, and hadn’t kept up to date with service items.. then how well has it been looked after in reality.
Aaah yeah. Just re read it. I get you now.

Back