Vanman

T6 Pro
We have our first service due in March, any recommendations (we are in Luton)

Hi
I used JD Curl in Houghton Regis, They will either use OE parts, or Aftermarket parts, what ever you want.
PM me if you want more details.

We live in High Wycombe and use Citygate commercial. Some people rate them and some don’t. Always been gone for us both in terms of servicing and doing work u set warrant (leaky side window, leaky high level brake light and replacing drivers door seal.

I’m close to you and had an Adblue fault. Called VW assist and they were very good.

When it needed to go to the main dealer I booked it into Hatfield but the fault cleared so I cancelled.

There’s a very good garage I trust down in Rickmansworth/Harefield. I’ve been using them for 19 years and they’re spot on. They’re an independent though. Let me know if you want details.

Pete

I’m close to you and had an Adblue fault. Called VW assist and they were very good.

When it needed to go to the main dealer I booked it into Hatfield but the fault cleared so I cancelled.

There’s a very good garage I trust down in Rickmansworth/Harefield. I’ve been using them for 19 years and they’re spot on. They’re an independent though. Let me know if you want details.

Pete
Thanks but I was really looking for something closer to home. What I’m unsure of right now is if I need an approved vw Centre for servicing, in order to retain warranty on the van . It’s a full conversion now so probably not worth worrying about I guess.

Hi
I used JD Curl in Houghton Regis, They will either use OE parts, or Aftermarket parts, what ever you want.
PM me if you want more details.
Do you know if they are an approved vw service centre. They would be ideal if that’s the case.

We live in High Wycombe and use Citygate commercial. Some people rate them and some don’t. Always been gone for us both in terms of servicing and doing work u set warrant (leaky side window, leaky high level brake light and replacing drivers door seal.
Thanks but I think this is probably a bit far out for us

Thanks but I was really looking for something closer to home. What I’m unsure of right now is if I need an approved vw Centre for servicing, in order to retain warranty on the van . It’s a full conversion now so probably not worth worrying about I guess.

I’m led to believe that a VAT registered garage doing work to VW standards should uphold the warranty, but it’s worth verifying.

Mine’s a full conversion too and the warranty should still be honoured for the bits untouched by the conversion. I’ve had a few bits looked at and fixed/replaced under warranty.

Good luck!

Anyone using Brian currie in MKeynes?

:)
I’m led to believe that a VAT registered garage doing work to VW standards should uphold the warranty, but it’s worth verifying.

Mine’s a full conversion too and the warranty should still be honoured for the bits untouched by the conversion. I’ve had a few bits looked at and fixed/replaced under warranty.

Good luck!
Thanks ...it’s a minefield out their . My wife has a Brazilian t2 and to maintain warranty we travelled back and fourth to Danbury in Bristol every 6 month for 3 years then we started using a garage near Farnborough only to find out that there was very little done in Bristol other than stamping the book! This year we are starting use a small independent that we can trust it’s 8 yrs old now so warranty not an issue . Mindful that at least getting advice on here we will get a good job done from a recommended garage and avoid any angst

I used to work in Watford and had a Golf GTi as a company car. Got serviced at the main dealer in Watford - it was ok.... just.

Called the lease people and for some reason they sent it to this place in Harefield. Came back perfect. They’d done all these little jobs, greased all the hinges, washed vacuumed. I asked them to send it there all the time after that. I use it for my private cars now too. They all know me by name there. It’s the only place I trust! :thumbsup:

Work colleague uses AKS in Bedford for his modified golfs. Gets a good shout across the VAG enthusiast forums. Never been able to book my vehicles in the past due to long waiting list. Failing that, VW in Buntingford has been the least problematic VW dealer I've used in the past, in the last 20 years. VW Watford City Gate are THE worst in Hertfordshire

Only place to get a VW serviced and looked after is INDE TECH in Bletchley, MK. They've been looking after my Golf for more than 10years and now look after the T6 too.
They really are good and are on the VW network, all ex VW engineers. Worth the trip.
And, while you're waiting, Rainbow Blinds are right opposite! $$$$

Only place to get a VW serviced and looked after is INDE TECH in Bletchley, MK. They've been looking after my Golf for more than 10years and now look after the T6 too.
They really are good and are on the VW network, all ex VW engineers. Worth the trip.
And, while you're waiting, Rainbow Blinds are right opposite! $$$$
I will check them thanks I hope $$$ relates to rainbow blinds opposite :)

I used to work in Watford and had a Golf GTi as a company car. Got serviced at the main dealer in Watford - it was ok.... just.

Called the lease people and for some reason they sent it to this place in Harefield. Came back perfect. They’d done all these little jobs, greased all the hinges, washed vacuumed. I asked them to send it there all the time after that. I use it for my private cars now too. They all know me by name there. It’s the only place I trust! :thumbsup:
To be honest going south from Luton is always a pain traffic going in the morning and then get it on the way back as well.will look at bedford and mk . Thanks anyway for the info

Work colleague uses AKS in Bedford for his modified golfs. Gets a good shout across the VAG enthusiast forums. Never been able to book my vehicles in the past due to long waiting list. Failing that, VW in Buntingford has been the least problematic VW dealer I've used in the past, in the last 20 years. VW Watford City Gate are THE worst in Hertfordshire
Thanks I will get a price from aks and also inde tech as a comparison

I will check them thanks I hope $$$ relates to rainbow blinds opposite :)

Ha ha! Yeah, just becomes an expensive trip if you wander across to Rainbow. They're great too tho. The mystery machine is usually out there.

To be honest going south from Luton is always a pain traffic going in the morning and then get it on the way back as well.will look at bedford and mk . Thanks anyway for the info

Tell me about it. Did that journey every day for 17 years!

Ha ha! Yeah, just becomes an expensive trip if you wander across to Rainbow. They're great too tho. The mystery machine is usually out there.
Then I won’t be wandering to rainbow then ......:)

Tell me about it. Did that journey every day for 17 years!
Do a bit of travelling for work ,generally go north get on at m1 at11a or 12 and see the poor sods queuing south bound

Hi,
Im new to this forum.
I have a T6 kombi and looking ahead i was hoping someone could advise me as to a good garage in the Bedfordshire area. I've been warned away from dealers and there gig charges. I also neeed a few small mods done like fog lights fitting. Hope some one can help.

@Vanman asked the same question just a few weeks ago... he’ll be able to tell you how he got on:

Service Centre - Beds

Oh and welcome to the forum
Thank You and for the warm welcome

Auto-Werks Vehicle Services in the Stony Stratford and Milton Keynes area

I can highly recommend AutoWerks in Stony Stratford. They have looked after my T4 the last few years, they are VW guys and into campers.
Thank You I will definitely look them up.

Back