Serious Power Upgrades

Is @Mars2 saying that the Pendle tuned TSI dyno graph outputs are faked?
So the 304bhp that mine was recorded as putting out is false? Certainly fooled me!
I must admit that by my “seat of the pants” assessment 300 ish BHP feels about right, though it will be a bit less on LPG.
I do wish I had his 4motion to put all that power down though! If I was doing this again, I think I would buy a 4motion and put a TSI engine in it.
Dyno printout attached for people’s amusement.
479294AC-9363-4954-9894-BCE9DA9F7280.jpeg

I hope Pendle can produce 300 plus because mines booked in for remap next month on the rolling road

Is @Mars2 saying that the Pendle tuned TSI dyno graph outputs are faked?
So the 304bhp that mine was recorded as putting out is false? Certainly fooled me!
I must admit that by my “seat of the pants” assessment 300 ish BHP feels about right, though it will be a bit less on LPG.
I do wish I had his 4motion to put all that power down though! If I was doing this again, I think I would buy a 4motion and put a TSI engine in it.
Dyno printout attached for people’s amusement.
View attachment 113479
I hope Pendle can produce 300 plus because mines booked in for remap next month on the rolling road

I can't comment on Pendle, but in 2018 when I ran a TSi, I always used VPower and with Revo stage 1 made a very healthy 300BHP/350FTLB on Surrey Rolling road - Which has always been considered a heart breaker dyno.

These T6 TSI engines are very strong and lacking in torque from new - The remap really brings the engine alive - Just ignore the MPG when pushing on.

Please excuse me if I sound a little silly, I have been reading people saying a remap improves the vehicles preformance/improved drive. What can I expect my 150 4motion manual vehicle to feel like if I go ahead with a remap? I`m a little confused, must be my age, but I don`t want to spend upward of £400 for not a lot of gain.

Isn't the TSI about 250bhp from stock, so you could see a potential 50bhp from a remap I guess?

I have to say every remap I've ever had I've always come away with a nice printout but second guessing if there are any improvements.

You spend your money and make your own choice :)

The Pendle web site did say a 30% increase, but I was wondering if the increase in torque would improve the gear changing?

150 Diesels map to around 180ish horsepower.

What has to considered is the percentage increase. The quoted gain is not necessarily to the maximum power/torque figure, but a non-specific point in the rev range.

Isn't the TSI about 250bhp from stock, so you could see a potential 50bhp from a remap I guess?

I have to say every remap I've ever had I've always come away with a nice printout but second guessing if there are any improvements.

You spend your money and make your own choice :)
TSI is (was) either 150 or 204 from stock. Mine actually made 198 on the Pendle Performance Dyno. That went up to 304 after the remap. That’s an increase that you can definitely feel!

Back