Separate tank for diesel heater

Heej guys,

We are thinking of installing a diesel heater under our van. ( Planar 2d).

But since we have a TSI petrol van, we don't have a diesel tank.

So we could install a separate small diesel tank for the heater underneath the van.

Since we don't have An adblue tank neither, i was maybe thinking of sourcing one second hand from a scrapyard, and using this as diesel tank.

Is there space for an adblue tank in a TSI? Are the mounting backets allready there?

If anybody has some knowledge about this, it would be very helpfull!

Thank you!

Heej guys,

We are thinking of installing a diesel heater under our van. ( Planar 2d).

But since we have a TSI petrol van, we don't have a diesel tank.

So we could install a separate small diesel tank for the heater underneath the van.

Since we don't have An adblue tank neither, i was maybe thinking of sourcing one second hand from a scrapyard, and using this as diesel tank.

Is there space for an adblue tank in a TSI? Are the mounting backets allready there?

If anybody has some knowledge about this, it would be very helpfull!

Thank you!
Why not fit a petrol heater?

@Deaky thanks for your reply,

I must say i was not aware they excisted, because i had only read about diesel heaters

Is it easy to make the connection in the exciting tank? Or is there a feul line i could split and re-attach.. seems easier to me..

I just read up in the other thread that the feul pick up tube installation isn't all that hard, it just requires you to drop the tank, which is quite a job.

No in search for a Petrol heater, looks like webasto is one of the only ways? They are quite a lot more expensive comparing with the planar ones.

Cheers!

Eberspacher make petrol heaters too

People always asking me about this - fit a petrol one, no point in having a diesel. That said I only sell a couple of petrol ones a year. Eberspächer don't make a small petrol one any longer, the smallest is the B4 which is 4Kw. You need a 2Kw Webasto Air Top 2000 or a 3.5Kw/3.9Kw/4Kw depending upon your requirements. I may have a couple of petrol ones in the workshop. There may be a 2Kw and a 3.9Kw if my memory is working correctly.

Ik would be interested in a 2kw for shure, a 4kw could do to if the price is right.

We have a double cab, so we would be warming the front and back with a y split and 2 tubes if that would make and difference.

Greets

Oh sugar - just seen where you are, I don't ship out of the UK as I have had too much trouble with couriers and insurance claims in the past. It is bad enough in the UK when they lose a parcel. It has taken up to six months to sort problems abroad when it goes wrong.

Or have a gas heater, and get an undermount gas tank so you can cook inside and out (we have a diesel heater, but got the undermount gas tank for cooking, and it’s ace)

Oh sugar - just seen where you are, I don't ship out of the UK as I have had too much trouble with couriers and insurance claims in the past. It is bad enough in the UK when they lose a parcel. It has taken up to six months to sort problems abroad when it goes wrong.
Damn that's to bad...

Or have a gas heater, and get an undermount gas tank so you can cook inside and out (we have a diesel heater, but got the undermount gas tank for cooking, and it’s ace)

Thanks for the tip
I'm not all that into gas , had some lesser experiences with that.. we just use a small gas canister for cooking.

Reactions: DXX
Thanks for the tip
I'm not all that into gas , had some lesser experiences with that.. we just use a small gas canister for cooking.
You’re idea for using the adblue tank seems like a good idea providing the filler nozzle fits the tank inlet. I have a Wallas XC Duo and it uses a tiny amount of Diesel.

You’re idea for using the adblue tank seems like a good idea providing the filler nozzle fits the tank inlet. I have a Wallas XC Duo and it uses a tiny amount of Diesel.
This is what I was thinking of doing, I have a euro 5 without adblue. And was wondering if a adblue tank would fit. Has any one got a photo of the adblue tank in situ?

This is what I was thinking of doing, I have a euro 5 without adblue. And was wondering if a adblue tank would fit. Has any one got a photo of the adblue tank in situ?
Make sure the tank, filler neck and all other connected parts are compatible with Diesel fuel, you don’t want to find it disintegrating after a month of use.

Make sure the tank, filler neck and all other connected parts are compatible with Diesel fuel, you don’t want to find it disintegrating after a month of use.
wonder how to find that out?

wonder how to find that out?
If you can acquire a drawing and or parts list the materials will be listed in the parts list. Your best bet is a main dealer who is willing to do something out of the ordinary, good luck on that.

Jeah i'm still toying with the idea, i was looking into the gasoline heaters, but I can't find a lot of info about them.
I would like to know if there are differences between the two, and if one is more dangerous or less efficient then others.

I like the idea of tapping in to the main tank, but I dislike the idea of doing the job..

On the other hand, I'm really playing with the idea of buying a Chinese one... but I can only seem to find those in diesel versions, and then I want an easy way of refilling the tank..

Doing it trough the ad blue tank way, just seems like a really cool way of keeping it nice and tidy ! But maybe the tank isn't resistant against diesel ..

Why would a petrol heater be dangerous? You are already sitting on top of a tank of petrol that feeds, under pressure, into an engine that sets fire to it!

diffs.PNG

so going on these figures, i'ts completly the same.. does it operate differently? the diesel works with a glowplug, so I assume the petrol works with a spark ?

Back