"Sensor for Internal Pressure of Cylinder 3 Implausible Signal"

Tim4eva

I have a engine management light coming on my VW Transporter 2018 plate, "Sensor for Internal Pressure of Cylinder 3 Implausible Signal".
The code that comes up is P13D600
It's still under manufacturers warranty, will it be covered or will I have to pay to get it fixed?

Contact your local dealer to get answer. It's likely they'll need to see the van and diagnose before a warranty decision is made.

Come back here with their answer if you've any doubts. I was recently quoted nearly £1000 for a timing belt and water pump change from our local VW franchise. He didn't even wear tights over his head or shout 'Stand and Deliver' as he gave me the good news......

Just phoned Lookers to book it in and the first day they can take it in is 23rd October
He suggested I call roadside assist to come out and see if I can still drive it and not to drive it if the light goes red
I’ll post any info I get

Does it drive / perform / sound the same as it did before the light came on? Have you noticed any other changes since the light came on?
Not really satisfactory that they can't look at it for nearly six weeks! (Yeah, I know, Covid!)

It drives fine, no loss of power and sounds normal, nothing changed just that the light came on
Been told It’s the cable saddle to the glow plug, around £100 for the part
Don’t know the cost to do the job or if any other parts would need to be fitted or what the labour costs would be yet
Advised by Lookers to call Roadside Assist so I have

Update: On the advice of the guy from Lookers I called out Roadside Assist, the guy turned up from the AA.
He plugged in him machine and determined it was something to do with the back box on the exhaust. He cleared the alert and it switched off the engine management light.
He asked if I had done a lot of short journeys, I told him yes, to solve the problem and stop the engine management light from coming back on he told me to take the van for a drive down the motorway to get it up to 70mph.
All day Saturday the ligh stayed off but today it came back on and not after loads of short journeys.

Just wondering if I replaced the back part of the exhaust would the problem be sorted?

I still have it booked in with Lookers on the 23rd October but now think they could say this is an exhaust problem so not covered under warranty, any advice anyone?

Who told you it was the cable saddle to the glow plug? I just re read your post and it isn't obvious to me how that diagnosis came about.
It sounds like the guy from AA Roadside assist thinks the fault is linked to the diesel particulate filter, I can't imagine the fault is in the back box, more likely the DPF, I wouldn't replace any part of the exhaust system if I were you until you are certain that you know exactly where the problem lies.

Hi Guys, maybe I didn't explain about how the cable saddle came into it very wel.
The mechanic I took the van to when the light came on has an auto electrician who diagnoses problems for them, he's mobile and works for a number of garages.
When the mechanic asked him about the alert code in my first post he said straight away that it was something to do with the cable saddle and it was around £100 for a replacement.

The AA guy said it was the knock or knox box, didn't hear him that well, he said he would clear the alert and to take it for a run down the motorway at 70 mph, this did sound like the dpf to me but he said it was the back box?
Surely if the dpf is blocking up then there would be loss of power and eventually put into limp mode to protect the engine?

It ran all day yesterday with no light coming on, it came on today during a rum to Glasgow down the motorway.

I don't want to damage my engine but I need the van for work or I don't earn and we all know how hard it's been the last six months.

If this sheds any light let me know?
Appreciate all the replies and advice.

Result: Called the Roadside Assist again this morning due to my engine management light coming back on yesterday.
The guy who turned up was a VWG which I found out is a VW Guru, after about 10 minutes he handed me a report which states it is the Cylinder 3 Sensor, basically a glow plug with a sensor on it or something of that nature.
It's also covered under the warranty and I have to go to Lookers tomorrow morning to get it sorted.
I'm delighted it won't cost me a penny, be sorted tomorrow and I'll be back on the road again.
Probably wouldn't have got to this point without you guys asking me questions and giving advice, many thanks.

Good news that you have a diagnosis and a warranty repair lined up. You mention that you’re delighted. For all that hassle and lost time with a two year old van I’d be furious.
Hopefully you’ll get an apology along with the warranty repair but I wouldn’t hold your breath.

Back