Selling My Van Tips

kevnsue

T6 Pro
Hello all, Hope someone can point me in the right direction. I want to sell my t6 day van but have no experience in selling vans/cars as I usually part ex them. What I need to know is how do I work out a fair sale price and if I do have a buyer I`m guessing cheque`s are not a thing anymore, so how do I accept payment. Finally, is it acceptable to advertise here?
I know I sound like a plonker but it`s all a bit daunting and I don`t want to make a b*lls up selling my pride and joy.
Thanks in advance
Kev B

You can advertise it in the for sale section on here @kevnsue , as for value,you probably need to look for any vans for sale with similar spec/mileage etc on ebay and autotrader etc and work it out from there,hope this helps you

You need to be a VIP member to sell stuff here - worth it though, even for just one sale.

Pete

You can advertise it in the for sale section on here @kevnsue , as for value,you probably need to look for any vans for sale with similar spec/mileage etc on ebay and autotrader etc and work it out from there,hope this helps you
Thank you Martin, good place to start I did`nt think of that, said I was an amateur ;)

Yeah list the model and any factory options then detail anything that’s been done since

I would describe the van here in detail (in this thread) and ask for advice on what you could sell it for. Compare the responses you get with similar vehicles on EBay, Autotrader and other sellers. Then list it for sale in the For Sale subforum with an asking price.

Pete

I've always sold my vehicles privately. Ebay usually , advertise it at what it's worth to you/ what you'd be happy with. Who care if its worth more as long as you get what you want? Pay it forward so to speak.
Cash or bank transfer in full before you release the vehicle and do it on your own terms ie at your home not in a dark corner of B&Q carpark. Let the buyer come to you. It's a vw van and will sell easily.

I would describe the van here in detail (in this thread) and ask for advice on what you could sell it for. Compare the responses you get with similar vehicles on EBay, Autotrader and other sellers. Then list it for sale in the For Sale subforum with an asking price.

Pete
Thanks again Pete, I`ll get it typed up and posted soon as possible, glad I posted so many hepfull posts allready, thank you all :thumbsup:

I've always sold my vehicles privately. Ebay usually , advertise it at what it's worth to you/ what you'd be happy with. Who care if its worth more as long as you get what you want? Pay it forward so to speak.
Cash or bank transfer in full before you release the vehicle and do it on your own terms ie at your home not in a dark corner of B&Q carpark. Let the buyer come to you. It's a vw van and will sell easily.
Bank transfer sounds good, I just was`nt sure what was acceptable this day and age.

I sold a car once for 8k. They gave me 8k in cash. I didn't even count it. I went to the bank, with them, and I cashed it in and we both watched.

It totalled 8k. Great. I said to the lady who cashed it for me "I brought it here so you could verify all 8000 is genuine". She replied "Oh we don't check each note is real, the machine just counts each note...." :eek:

Not really my problem since the money went into my account but I found it very interesting/shocking. :whistle: random story over....

Pete
Hello Pete, Would I use the edit button to add a description of the van in this thread? I`m guessing that would allow people to see what i`m talking about in the first post.
Sorry to sound so clueless, probably coz I am:(

T6 Highline
jobl conversion day van

66 plate 18.000 miles
4motion manual
reflex silver
front splitter
reversing camera
sat nav 2 front 2 rear speakers
roof bars
black side bars
20" black alloys 275x40x20
captain swivel seats
multi rail
Full size m1 catagory bed
webasto night heater with timer
leisure battery
van table stored on tailgate
small passenger table
led interior lighting
insulated and soundproofed
privacy glass and blackout curtains fitted

travelin lite led headlights
led running lights
led fog bulbs
gloss glove box and vents..van x

Last edited:
Looks like a good spec. You haven’t mentioned which engine it has, and some photos would help.

Now need some forum experts to appear and say what they think it is worth :)

Pete

Looks like a good spec. You haven’t mentioned which engine it has, and some photos would help.

Now need some forum experts to appear and say what they think it is worth :)

Pete
looking on the v5 it says t32, 110 net power, im sure i was told it was a 150.

Back