Sell wheels or wheels and tyres?

Westyman

When I bought the ‘21 reg 6.1 Grey Lady, it was fitted with Wolfrace Overland 18” wheels with 255/55R18 General Graber tyres.
I don’t like the wheels, just not to my taste. The tyres are sort of OK, being a 4Motion T32, their tread pattern can be useful towing the caravan on muddy fields.
I have new wheels arriving soon.
Question: will it be better to sell the wheels and tyres together or swap the tyres to the new wheels and just sell the wheels?

Only a year late to this but I have a similar issue. I’m putting new wheels and tyres on my 6.1 4motion. So I need to sell 4 immaculate Devonport 17’s and 4 continental van contact 215/60 r17’s with less than 1 mm of even wear (I have paperwork to prove this because I just had a service and health check). I don’t know weather to sell together or separate. I don’t have any idea what to ask price wise either. New the tyres themselves would be £760 and the wheels I guess would be more than that. Clearly I’m not going to try to sell for that but does anyone have any idea what I should be asking?

Only a year late to this but I have a similar issue. I’m putting new wheels and tyres on my 6.1 4motion. So I need to sell 4 immaculate Devonport 17’s and 4 continental van contact 215/60 r17’s with less than 1 mm of even wear (I have paperwork to prove this because I just had a service and health check). I don’t know weather to sell together or separate. I don’t have any idea what to ask price wise either. New the tyres themselves would be £760 and the wheels I guess would be more than that. Clearly I’m not going to try to sell for that but does anyone have any idea what I should be asking?
£500-550, seems like the going rate as long as no wheel damage, inc’ trims.
The older the tyres (DOT) see week / year of manufacture the less they are worth.
If you keep the tyres there is a charge at a tyre fitters for removing and refitting.
If you want to maximise the £ you could sell the bare wheels individually, people damage a wheel and buy a replacement.
Have a look on Ebay and filter with ‘Sold’ and you’ll see the realistic value.

Damaged Devonports are unlikely to shift as there are plenty of good ones to choose from.

£500-550, seems like the going rate as long as no wheel damage, inc’ trims.
The older the tyres (DOT) see week / year of manufacture the less they are worth.
If you keep the tyres there is a charge at a tyre fitters for removing and refitting.
If you want to maximise the £ you could sell the bare wheels individually, people damage a wheel and buy a replacement.
Have a look on Ebay and filter with ‘Sold’ and you’ll see the realistic value.

Damaged Devonports are unlikely to shift as there are plenty of good ones to choose from.
Thanks for the info. The wheels are genuinely unmarked. The tyres are 2 years old but have less than 1mm wear. I will check the sold stuff on eBay. Just to check though… did you mean £500-£550 with the tyres or wheels alone.

Thanks for the info. The wheels are genuinely unmarked. The tyres are 2 years old but have less than 1mm wear. I will check the sold stuff on eBay. Just to check though… did you mean £500-£550 with the tyres or wheels alone.
That would be with the tyres.

See here

I’m afraid the sum of the tyre cost plus the wheel cost is nowhere near the resale value.
That’s why it pays to buy secondhand wheels with tyres, providing they are in good condition.

Back