Seized second row seat lever T6.1

Not long after I got my Shuttle the second-row driver side lever seized, which meant the seat wouldn't tilt for access, the local dealer fixed the problem, and when I asked what they had done I was told they fitted a repair kit oh if you have a "repair kit" does that mean this is a known problem and was told "no" strange why they would have a "repair kit", less than a week later as we were about to get in the van my wife said to me there is no lever on the passenger side to tilt the seat, and when I walked round to show her how to do it there was no lever, it was missing completely no evidence of a lever, but it was there before the visit to the dealer, eventually the dealer fixed it (too long of a story for today) the lever is not covered by warranty, the passenger one has started to seize up again my question to members is has anyone have a similar problem? is this a known fault that VW ignore?

Not long after I got my Shuttle the second-row driver side lever seized, which meant the seat wouldn't tilt for access, the local dealer fixed the problem, and when I asked what they had done I was told they fitted a repair kit oh if you have a "repair kit" does that mean this is a known problem and was told "no" strange why they would have a "repair kit", less than a week later as we were about to get in the van my wife said to me there is no lever on the passenger side to tilt the seat, and when I walked round to show her how to do it there was no lever, it was missing completely no evidence of a lever, but it was there before the visit to the dealer, eventually the dealer fixed it (too long of a story for today) the lever is not covered by warranty, the passenger one has started to seize up again my question to members is has anyone have a similar problem? is this a known fault that VW ignore?
I can’t see how it’s not warranty unless it specifically states so in the terms of the contract.

I can’t see how it’s not warranty unless it specifically states so in the terms of the contract.
When I told a manager how annoyed I was to have to book it in and have to be without the van and the two bus journies I would have to make and that one of his guys had broken it and didn't put his hand up, admit it, and just fix it under warranty he said nothing, I booked it in with another warranty issue and when I went to collect it they hadn't fixed the lever because "it isn't covered under warranty" (that is the reason the technician threw the lever away and kept quiet) the manager was away on holiday and hadn't approved the repair I think the estimate was over £300.00, it wasn't until he came back from holiday that it was repaired (another long story)

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
I had a similar experience with my Caravelle. The side lever on one of the captains seats had stopped working and there were a few other things that needed attention before the warranty expired.

The local dealership said that the fault with the seat was a common one. I can't remember if it was fixed under warranty or not, I had to take the van back in as they had failed to do something and it might have been on that return trip that the seat was fixed.

Anyway, the lever has failed again. Anyone know how to fix it? I don't want to take it back to the dealer as I will have to pay this time.

Back