securing a load on top of the multiflexboard.. any ideas?

scotia

Mechanical engineer
VIP Member
T6 Guru
hello,

we have a lwb with caravelle rails and vw sliding seat/bed.. we also have a pullout under the mf board for storage.

when we travel the kids like to have the seat slid all the way fwd so that they are close to us like in a car. This means that we no longer have the back of the seat acting as a stop for things ontop of the mf board..

how would you people secure said luggage (normally duffle type bags of clothes).. I have found a temp solution of a cargo net that is fixed to one end of the mf board and we then strap this down to the front end when loaded..

but its not a very pretty result..

any brilliant ideas?

thanks in advance!

I’m in the same situation (minus the kids). It’s much safer IMO to have the seat back against the MF board to apply forward restraint.
There aren’t many options other than a net and straps. Just be aware that if you are strapping to the multiflex board it‘s almost certainly not going to stay in place in a collision. The security is only as good as the fasteners holding it to the chassis.

very true, i strap everything else down to the floor rails but i did think about that in the worst case scenario..

i guess it means the mf board is out for me with regards to a parcel shelf.. shame as there is a lot of storage there..i cant get the seat near to it because of the pullout.. unless i increase the mf boards depth (its an aftermarket one as i didnt get along with the original)

The NWCC MF board frame I have is on rails so it can be positioned behind the cali seat regardless of the seats position.

Ours is too, but we have a pullout drawer which is also mounted onto the rails.. this goes under the mf board and complicates moving the mf board

@DXX could you show a pic of your van with the mf board in? im just curious to see if i could modify my setup to be able to slide the mf board fwd enough to get behind the bench.. im doubting it but..

thanks in advance

@DXX could you show a pic of your van with the mf board in? im just curious to see if i could modify my setup to be able to slide the mf board fwd enough to get behind the bench.. im doubting it but..

thanks in advance
The base for the MF board is free to move the whole length of the Cali’ rails on two locking T bolts.
The board itself is hinged at the forward end and secured at the rear end with a spring loaded catch, this allows it to be tilted vertical behind the Cali‘ seat to access locker doors.

doors.71CE3C96-9384-4D7C-8F51-4C2AB0C43615.jpeg733C065F-4764-429F-964E-2483C4073DA7.jpeg

Back