Sections of wiring loom found on floor

Zorb

Hi everyone, does anybody recognise this loom? I moved my T6 2016 Caravelle and this was underneath it! Can't help thinking it's not a good thing. Drove fine last time I used it.20220326_113224.jpg

Do the ends look chewed - could be mice or rats ?
Can’t help with what it is.

Pete

Hi everyone, does anybody recognise this loom? I moved my T6 2016 Caravelle and this was underneath it! Can't help thinking it's not a good thing. Drove fine last time I used it.View attachment 150758

20220326_113256.jpg

20220326_113419.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Looks like foxes having a chew, common problem. Do you get an adblue fault on the dash?

Have you driven it yet ?
Might need to drive for a couple minutes before things like adblu problem shows

No I haven't driven it yet, thought I'd see if anyone knew the wiring colours first, just in case it was anything serious that could cause damage.

When I first noticed I had my cables chewed through I had a stop start warning light on. The picture below was the one I took at the time, I think you can just see the cables chewed through are brown plus a blue and white one like yours, I suggest you crawl underneath and have a look, you need to go in line with the back of the front wheels, there is also a thread on here on rodent damage

4C4DD8BD-1CBF-4B6C-AD3F-3EAB4DD6E7AA.jpeg

Surely both sets of those wires are white and blue not blue and white? Need to know what you are looking at on a wiring diagram.

The point I was making is the cables I had chewed through look the same colour as the OPs so it’s worth checking under the car in the same location

Having the same issues as above... suspected foxes as I seen a few of them playing around my van last week ;(

I have made a temp repair to the loom with some soldering and heartshrink.

I reset the everything on carista but my oil light is still flashing yellow and my start stop isn't working. Is there a fuse specifically for the oil sensor??

I didn't see any other wires damaged underneath but looks like I will need to get under again for a good inspection.

I have sprayed a water / vinegar solution under the van to hopefully stop further intrest.

20220925_174518.jpg

20220925_162335.jpg

20220925_201231.jpg

Back