Seat Wiring

Trello

VIP Member
just about to install some seats from a Porsche 987 into my T6. I have the wiring diagram for the 987 seats with the Seat belt warning having a 400 ohm interface. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the VW seats or has this been done before? I have VCDS so can probably just turn off the warning light.

Help or advice appreciated

Thanks

Trello

I have found if you just unplug under the seat it just does not come on and shows no faults on the dash.

Thanks Alan

I’ve just fitted the swivels, as the wire is too short (I’ve yet to extend) it’s currently disconnected and going off like a goodun. I’d like it to function correctly if possible.

Well I’ve tried to silence the alarm in vcds, as it’s a 2017 it seems I can’t extinguish the dash warning. If anyone has a copy of the wiring diagram that shows the seat I’d really appreciate it.
Just to confirm disconnected it give multiple bongs and dash warning, so different to T5. When I find a solution i’ll Post it.

Don't know if it will help you or not @Trello but I've had a play about with mine and it can be disabled with Carista. 2016 though. Not sure if there's a difference with the year.

You need to put a 400ohm resistor across the 2 firing leads in the plug then reset. I have loads of them if you want a couple put in post?

The newer srs modules use a 3 wire and monitor for open circuit, I put resistors on the Touareg rear seat plugs when I removed them for my loading rack.

Last edited:
Brilliant thanks Loz. 400 ohm is the same as the setup on my 987 seats, once the loom arrives sounds like all will be well.

Thanks everyone

Cheers
Trevor

Back